Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Thu 18, 2014 2:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Anko Teletest tube tester-help
PostPosted: Nov Fri 20, 2009 6:24 pm 

Got a Teletester model t-56, looking for any info I can get, Anyone seen one or every used one?

Post subject: Re: Anko Teletest tube tester-help
PostPosted: Nov Sat 21, 2009 8:20 am 

GAlotis wrote:
Got a Teletester model t-56, looking for any info I can get, Anyone seen one or every used one?

Are you sure its a T? I think their 456 was the most common model they made. It differed from most in that it used a heck of a lot of sockets, but did not require any set up. It came out about the time I was born - about 1952 or so.

When I was in college in the 70's was the first and last time I saw one. It was easy to use if you could figure out the right socket to stick your tube in and it had no tube chart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Nov Sat 21, 2009 12:00 pm 

They made a Teletester model T-56. Looked like an old suitcase. If I remember correctly it had a set-up chart in the lid and had three or four switch settings.

I had one a few years ago for a short time before I started hording, I mean "collecting" test equipment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Nov Sat 21, 2009 2:47 pm 

Yea, its a T-56, its in a suit case, and it works. I would like to find prints, and/ or operating instructions on how to set up tubes not listed. Also would liketo try and add a 4 pin socket to test 01A's and such. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Nov Sat 21, 2009 4:55 pm 

I have one somewhere but it didn't come with any paper and I've never seen any. Other than a 1952 ad (reproduced in my book) I know nothing about it.

Post subject: Newb Greetings and More about Anko Testers
PostPosted: Aug Mon 16, 2010 6:03 am 

Hi group!

I happened along while searching the web for info on Anko testers. I've found reference to these units but very little info. I have a Teletester Model 72 or T72 as it is also called. It has 72 sockets! Like others mentioned, it is in a case that looks like an antique tweed covered suitcase. It also has 4 tophat knobs like a telecaster guitar uses for pickup switching. For lovers of '50s guitars and amps, this is pretty cool! These are on 4 momentary switches that test separate sections of tubes.

This tester does require setup for each tube. There are rotary switches for setting filament and load settings as given in the charts. Meter is numeric to 100 and the charts show what reading should be gotten from each test. (No "good" and "bad" areas of the meter.)

I wish I could track down a manual w/schematics for the tester but I DO have tube charts with mine. I wish the charts included 6BQ5 and 6AR6 but they don't. They do cover about every other common American amplifier tube though. If there is interest maybe I could upload pics somewhere. Any leads on more info would be great!

Telecast@9

Post subject:
PostPosted: Aug Mon 16, 2010 5:32 pm 

Quote:
For lovers of '50s guitars and amps, this is pretty cool!

The previous owner of mine thought so too. He drilled an array of holes in the bottom of the case and put a speaker inside. Luckily he didn't remove the tester.

PostPosted: May Sun 05, 2013 10:03 am 

GAlotis,

got recently also a tube tester Anko Teletest T-56. Did you find more information about this tester?
On the left bottom is a switch, but I can't read the text of the 3 positions (?, ?, GAS).

PostPosted: Jun Thu 05, 2014 7:27 pm 

I found the meaning of the 3 positions of the switch: OFF, TEST, GAS. Does anybody has some more information about this tester. How to perform the line adjustment?