Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Wed 01, 2014 12:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hickok Model 1605M VTVM
PostPosted: Jul Sun 25, 2010 11:44 pm 

Just got one and it doesn;t seem to work. Any body have the documentation available to share?

Bill-WF1L
Reston, VA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Aug Mon 02, 2010 3:04 pm 

Somebody once said the Hickok 1605M was a clone of the HP 410C, made to meet military second-source requirements. You might therefore look at the documentation for the 410C, free on the Boat Anchor Manual Archive (www.bama.edebris.com), and see if it is close enough to your meter. Note that two versions of the 410C exist. The early one uses a single 12AU7 and some transistors; in the later one the tube is replaced with more transistors.

Otherwise, vintagemanuals.com can send you a top-notch reprint of the 1605M manual, for a price. Note that I have no affiliation with the company, except as a satisfied customer.

Thomas A. Edison

Post subject:
PostPosted: Aug Mon 02, 2010 5:50 pm 

Chris108 wrote:
Somebody once said the Hickok 1605M was a clone of the HP 410C, made to meet military second-source requirements.

Interesting, now I can't wait to open one of my 1605M's up and see. I've never tried using them, for lack of a manual, and lack of enough interest to purchase a manual.