Antique Radio Resources: Radio Clubs
Top : Radio Clubs : Page 2
Add a Resource |
Modify a Resource |
What's New |
What's Hot |
Random Link |
- Hallicrafters Collectors Association - The Hallicrafters Collectors Association is devoted to the promotion and preservation of Hallicrafters products. With nearly 650 members, three ham nets and the largest vintage radio site on the web, the HCA is one year old and growing fast. If you love Hallicrafters radios, come join us. It's free!
(Added: 8-Jun-1999 Hits: 858)
- Heartland Antique Radio Association - The objective of the Heartland Antique Radio Association is to promote the preservation of the history, technology, and equipment of the early days of radio broadcasting and communications. This is achieved through member interaction, dissemination of information, and by providing a medium for the collection, renovation, restoration, and display of vintage radio equipment. Antique radio and test equipment is collected, restored and displayed by club members at monthly meetings and swap meets. The Heartland Antique Radio Association is based in Tulsa and serves Northeast Oklahoma and surrounding areas.
(Added: 20-Jan-2007 Hits: 754)
- Houston Vintage Radio Association - The HVRA was founded in Houston, Texas in November 1978 when twenty-two men met in the basement of the Museum of Science and Natural History to organize a club dedicated to the preservation and restoration of antique radios. Today, the HVRA has hundreds of members, not only in Texas; but throughout the United States and in several foreign countries. The membership includes not only collectors and restorers of antique radios, but those who collect antique phonographs, telephones, telegraphs, records, ham equipment, and television equipment as well. Also, HVRA has been heavily involved with radio restorations aboard the USS Texas and is currently holding a vintage radio and phonograph exhibit at the Houston Heritage Society.
(Added: 1-Nov-2007 Hits: 65)
- IARU--International Amateur Radio Union - Created in Paris, France, the International Amateur Radio Union has been the watchdog and spokesman for the world Amateur Radio community since 1925.
(Added: 22-May-1998 Hits: 362)
- Iowa Antique Radio Club and Historical Society - 1) To provide an organization for collectors and historians of wireless, radio, television and other similar items.
2) To promote acquisition and preservation of biographical, technical and historical data, through the collecting of radios, stories, photographs, literature and other related items, particularly with respect to the inventors and early radio pioneers of Iowa.
3) To educate and enrich the public knowledge about the historical and cultural significance of radio by means of lectures, discussions, publications, workshops, displays and presentations.
4) To encourage and assist individuals in their preservation and restoration of radio and television related items to a condition consistent with the original intent of their manufacturer.
5) To create and foster an interest in radio history.
(Added: 15-Jun-2005 Hits: 246)
- James Millen Society, The - Society for the promotion of the use, restoration and preservation of radio communications equipment which exhibit design or construction influences attributable to Mr. James Millen.
(Added: 30-Dec-1999 Hits: 434)
- Memphis Antique Radio Club - M.A.R.C. members represents antique radio enthusiasts from the Memphis - Arkansas - Mississippi Tri-State Area.
(Added: 2-May-2000 Hits: 468)
- Michigan Antique Radio Club - Our Mission: To preserve the history and enhance the knowledge of radio, television and related disciplines with a special emphasis on contributions originating in the state of Michigan. Host of the annual EXTRAVAGANZA radio meet in July.
(Added: 17-Apr-1998 Hits: 623)
- National Radio Club, Inc. - The National Radio Club is the world's oldest and largest Medium Wave DX club, founded in 1933. The National Radio Club is a non-profit radio club made up of people who enjoy listening to broadcast radio.
(Added: 21-May-2001 Hits: 444)
Prev 15 Next 15