Antique Radio Resources: Radio History
Top : Radio History : Page 2
Add a Resource |
Modify a Resource |
What's New |
What's Hot |
Random Link |
- NBC Radio City - Interesting previews of the "World's Greatest Broadcast Metropolis," NBC Radio City in 1933.
(Added: 7-May-1998 Hits: 747)
- RaadioTuba - RadioRoom - The history of the Estonian radio industry 1924-1941. Only in Estonian (but contacts in English).
(Added: 5-Feb-2004 Hits: 327)
- St. Louis Radio History - An ongoing project tracing the history of St. Louis radio and the people who made it happen.
(Added: 11-Jan-2001 Hits: 387)
- The 66 WNBC Tribute Page - A tribute the to station that aired the first radio commercial to it's demise in 1988.
(Added: 5-Jun-1999 Hits: 492)
- The Broadcast Archive - Historical materials on both pioneer and current broadcast radio stations. While the emphasis is on professional broadcasting, there are links to early amateur broadcasting that are important, as well as various companies that realized the value of radio early on.
(Added: 17-Apr-1998 Hits: 822)
- The RCA Story - From modest beginnings with fellow high school science professor Edwin Houston, Elihu Thomson built one of the leading electrical companies of the ninteenth century. Follow it's transformation with phonographs, then radio and television as it became the Radio Corporation of America.
(Added: 15-Jun-1998 Hits: 1110)
- Tour San Francisco's NBC Studios - Virtual tour of NBCs West Coast headquarters as the were when it opened in 1942. Floor plans and photos throughout the building.
(Added: 7-May-1998 Hits: 457)
- United States Early Radio History - Articles and extracts about early radio and related technologies, concentrating on the United States in the period from 1900 to 1925.
(Added: 13-Nov-1998 Hits: 982)
- United States Early Radio History - Articles and extracts about early radio and related technologies, concentrating on the United States in the period from 1897 to 1927.
(Added: 6-Nov-2004 Hits: 1385)
- Vintage Amateur Radio Stations - Site is dedicated to the construction and operation of Vintage Amateur Radio Stations of the 1920's and 1930's era. Both authentic stations and those of the Homebrew kind are featured here including transmitters, receivers, and vintage power sources.
(Added: 29-Dec-2001 Hits: 347)
- Voices Out of the Fog - A history of radio broadcasting in the San Francisco area.
(Added: 30-Aug-2000 Hits: 286)
- WCBS Newsradio88 Appreciation Site - New, extensive WCBS Newsradio88 Appreciation Site, which traces the history of this great radio station, its wobbly start after a plane crashed into its New York City transmitter tower the night before its debut, profiles of staffers -- some long gone -- images of memorabilia, a "memories" page in which ex-staffers and listeners are filing recollections, reunion pictures, and more.
(Added: 29-Jun-2005 Hits: 3068)
- WHAM Radio in Rochester, New York - WHAM went on the air in 1922 under the ownership of George Eastman and Frank Gannett. History section of this site includes pictures and audio.
(Added: 13-Dec-2000 Hits: 340)