Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Aug Fri 23, 2019 4:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Telefunken Salzburg iii U
PostPosted: Aug Mon 12, 2019 3:22 am 

Picked this cabinet up after looking for one for a long time. Not a lot around for sale in my area, after checking it out and paying 1/4 of asking price that was way to high we took it home. I got the turntable freed up and fired it up, it sounded GREAT. Then it just stopped working no noise came out of speakers at all. The two front tubes still lit up green, but non noise from fm, record, or any other settings.

So took it apart (im new to radios but pretty good at picking things up like this) The old ERO caps were leaking or shot. I replaced them all, cleaned it up. Got it all back together and BAM nothing. The front face tubes dont even glow green any more, oh and no sound still. There is one wire hanging down that has a c style connector like it would go under a screw that is hanging. No idea where it was from though. Any ideas on where to start with this? Im also trying to find schematics for this cabinet. So far no luck... The replacement Caps were from just radios and i replaced all of the caps with matching uF ratings. All the voltages were ether the same or higher. Trying to learn about this stuff and have been scouring the internet reading what I can but seems the info is scarce at times. Any info or links that you guys can offer would be amazing. Here are some pics of it after the work, and the wire can been seen hanging that I have no idea where it is.

Post subject: Re: Telefunken Salzburg iii U
PostPosted: Aug Mon 12, 2019 3:50 am 

Hi Steve,

Two-page schematic is available here: https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/telefunke ... _u_3u.html

If you haven't downloaded from RadioMuseum before and you aren't a member, then I'll say it's about a 4-step process...

• Click on one page of the schematic thumbnails in the right-hand panel.
  • The medium-view window in the center will display a crop of the page. Click on that cropped image.
  • A dialog box will pop up, asking you to give your email address. Type yours in, select the "I am not a robot" box, and click Go.
  • Do the little quiz that pops up, to prove you're not a robot.

Once you do all of that, the page will be emailed to the email address you gave. Repeat the 4 steps for the 2nd page of the schematic.

PostPosted: Aug Mon 12, 2019 4:03 am 

I actually tried that but never got a email from them.

PostPosted: Aug Mon 12, 2019 4:18 am 

Here's a somewhat sketchy schematic with changer and tape recorder connections...
https://nvhrbiblio.nl/schema/Telefunken ... rgIIIU.pdf

Their (radiomuseum.org) reply e-mail will have a pdf attachment.
Check your junk mail folder.

or...
Downloading from radiomuseum.org (non members).
Click a schematic page from the right-hand scrolling window, then again in the main center window.
Each page will be emailed to you immediately. You can only download three pages a day + up to a maximum of ten every 30 days.

If you experience any downloading difficulties... see this→ viewtopic.php?p=2571007#p2570117
pdf attachments are not visible in junk email folders.
pictorial - how-to→ http://a4.pbase.com/o10/56/215056/1/166 ... titled.png

Greg.

oh... your photos are too small... :shock:
and, my telescope is in for servicing. lol

You can post 800px wide photos here.
Posting photos to a forum thread...
The skinny: http://antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtop ... 0#p2717120

PostPosted: Aug Wed 14, 2019 4:59 am 

I would check to see if you have any B+ voltage coming off of the old Selenium rectifier (the black cylinder mounted on the side of the chassis). Also, the filter choke is prone to dying on these sets apparently (bottom right transformer looking thingy mounted inside chassis) and if either goes you'll get no high voltage. Just my 2 cents.