Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Mar Tue 26, 2019 3:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: My new Zenith R520A
PostPosted: Jan Thu 24, 2019 11:39 pm 

I thought I would show off my Christmas present which was one big surprise. I have most of the tube TO’s, but never could find or afford the Military version. It was restored by a person in 96 or at least that is what is written on one of the caps. Worked fine and a visual inspection and voltage check showed everything is good. The cabinet needed some GoJo which helped quit a bit. The knobs were wrong and even slipped on the volume control and the AC plug was wrong. The knobs I had, but the AC plug took some time. It comes with 2 fuses that slide into it. In the process of looking, I came across a headset that looks like original. It cleaned up better than I thought it would and in the process I noticed the earpiece is 2 electromagnets with a sheet of metal over it instead of paper. The nice surprise is that it works.
It now sits on a shelf with a A600 on one side and a A600L on the other. It looks cool with the 3 different covers.
Attachment:
Front.JPG
Front.JPG [ 129.97 KiB | Viewed 459 times ]

Attachment:
Side.JPG
Side.JPG [ 125.79 KiB | Viewed 459 times ]

Attachment:
Knobs.JPG
Knobs.JPG [ 45.61 KiB | Viewed 459 times ]

Attachment:
AC Plug.jpg
AC Plug.jpg [ 52.74 KiB | Viewed 459 times ]

Freeman

Post subject: Re: My new Zenith R520A
PostPosted: Feb Thu 14, 2019 12:19 am 

Very nice! Glad to see you were able to add one to your collection. I also found a set of Zenith headphones that seem to be the right vintage to go with my 520A. My TO collecting hobby is on a bit of a hiatus, but I still enjoy having the 520A as part of my small collection.

PostPosted: Feb Thu 14, 2019 5:16 am 

Very nice example of a rare model.

PostPosted: Feb Tue 19, 2019 2:16 am 

That is a nice example of the radio. That is one I also would like to own.. When I have money I can not find one when I find one I am broke. I hate to charge. Tom