Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jul Tue 16, 2019 7:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Stromberg Carlson 1500-H Schematic
PostPosted: Jun Tue 18, 2019 1:30 am 

raylinhn wrote:
I had to take a break from my 1500-H because without a schematic and my lack of knowledge I can't find the short that keeps burning out the dial light & 150 ohm resistor between 12BA6-3 and 12BE6-4. Also I installed 150 ohm resistor between BE6-3 and BA6-4.

We have posted several links to the schematic. Any resistor replacements need to be of the correct wattage. You also need to visibly inspect that nothing is shorting. I would also suggest verifying the DC voltage coming out of the Selenium rectifier.

PostPosted: Jun Tue 18, 2019 1:48 am 

I'll take a look at mine maybe tomorrow, but am wondering if you have checked your rectifier for a short. Disconnect the terminal that is marked + and has a wire going to radio components. Then measure for a resistance across the selenium rectifier's terminals, power off.
If your meter shows zeros, no resistance, you need a diode.

If you measure a steady resistance or infinite resistance, try a voltage measurement. Leave the B+ wire disconnected for now, then apply power to measure DC voltage at the + terminal of the rectifier. The negative meter cord can be clipped to the negative leads of your new electrolytic caps, not the chassis.

PostPosted: Jun Thu 20, 2019 10:58 am 

I want to thank each and everyone for your patience and expert advice. After refusing to give up and countless hours working on my Stromberg Carlson 1500-H I got it up and playing last night, what a great feeling! - Thanks again.

PostPosted: Jun Thu 20, 2019 9:46 pm 

Congrats! So what was the specific problem with it, that you fixed?

PostPosted: Jun Mon 24, 2019 7:23 pm 

Good question, I ended up re-installing all the wiring back to the original filter capacitor and keeping the 120 ohm resistor that you told me about in place (the resistor was missing when I got the radio). Thanks again for your help, it's a great feeling bringing the dead back alive. I am about to start a new post, again asking for help with a Philco 46-420 code (128)

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 25 posts ]  Moderator: sofaslug Go to page Previous  1, 2