Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Fri 22, 2021 8:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: How do you inventory your Vacuum Tubes?
PostPosted: Mar Fri 26, 2021 10:30 pm 

I don’t have the volume like a lot of you, so mine fit in a 4” high wooden box from Total Wines for $5. I built a spreadsheet years ago of the tubes I had including a column for ordering that I just found after a system crash last month. I don’t think I ever looked at it. Now a piece of paper sits on the boxes with what I need. Works for me.

PostPosted: Mar Fri 26, 2021 11:04 pm 

I've come back to this topic, to say that the inventory system I have has not changed. What has changed is the accumulation has grown more so than what went away in 2014 :shock:

I have noticed that the cardboard storage boxes have dried more and are increasingly brittle despite the attic power ventilated to 120F in the summer. I reached for the shopping bag of 245's and it crumbled in my hands... Heck it been up there for 40 years...

Several times I have searched for white tube boxes the size in particular for 201a. The prices are all over, I have become reluctant to order in that when I do someone will have them deeply discounted and free shipping.

Which takes me a bit off topic:

Has anyone either stuck a complete wrap around label on a new white tube box or screen printed an appropriate label. Even using a carved potato for a stamp?

chas

PostPosted: Mar Sat 27, 2021 8:41 am 

Inventory? What Inventory? I throw them all into my Westinghouse Tube Caddy! small boxed ones go in the doors, and large boxed or boxless go in the middle.