Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Nov Tue 12, 2019 7:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Handy Small Wire Strippers
PostPosted: Apr Thu 18, 2019 11:19 pm 

I have done this to a couple pair of sprue cuttung tweezers. I take a pointed and ball shaped diamond bur from my set and use the pointed bur to form a hole in the jaw about the size of a wire gauge I'd like to strip. Larger holes can be made to strip a number of different size wire gauges. The round bur is to grind a slight dish in the hole to form a cutting edge. these things are quite handy when stripping a number of hookups. This is the type of tweezer I make them from.

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Plasti ... way&sr=8-3

Post subject: Re: Handy Small Wire Strippers
PostPosted: Apr Fri 19, 2019 6:19 pm 

Those look very handy, especially for every tight places. I bought a set of end-fed wire strippers for places that won't allow the usual side-fed ones or a Stripmaster. They work fine but are hard to adjust properly.

I've been to Europe several times and always go to their versions of Home Depot looking for tools that may not be available here. For some reason the only kind of wire strippers I've ever seen there are the end-fed ones. I don't understand this since they can be a pain to setup so that they don't knick the wire. The good ones are also expensive.

RRM