Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Nov Tue 30, 2021 10:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Getting that spray can stuff where you need it gimmick.
PostPosted: Feb Wed 03, 2021 1:00 am 

I had to spray inside of some controls in a tape deck that were fairly inaccessible and impossible with a can of stuff. I have had similar problems in the past. I decided to make an extension so you could get in to tight spots and also keep the can upright. I have some of the red spray nozzles around from spray cans that I saved. I then went to Ace Hardware lawn area and bought some tiny flexible clear tubing, K&S fuel line hose. The K&S type is #410 and the Ace number is 7060270 so they can check and find it. It is a very tight fit on the red tube so I put a little film of synthetic grease on it to make working the tubing onto it easier. You really want a tight fit there. The tubing costs a dollar a foot so for a buck you can make a long extension. Works good for me. You can make the red part as long or as short as you want to manipulate the position. Maybe make it longer at one end and short at the other so you can switch ends depending on the circumstances. If your fingers won't fit where you need it, you can use a hemostat or tape something to the end to position it for spraying. I don't know if this has been done before. I don't recall this gimmick. (I guess if you needed to clean it out, put it on a can of air duster.)

Attachments:
DSCN2921.JPG
DSCN2921.JPG [ 344.39 KiB | Viewed 1019 times ]