Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jun Wed 23, 2021 4:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Stop being an arse and join managed payments... NOT
PostPosted: Jun Thu 10, 2021 10:58 pm 

This is why....
This right here...........
These SOB's are now holding my money ransom because their stupid site wont accept my address as it legally is. I cant update it either.

:evil: :evil:

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 6.17.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 6.17.40 PM.png [ 69.34 KiB | Viewed 693 times ]

Post subject: Re: Stop being an arse and join managed payments... NOT
PostPosted: Jun Thu 10, 2021 11:12 pm 

That's to bad but your not really showing anybody any reason why they should agree with you. I can't help but get the feeling that there's got to be a simple solution, to all this, lurking somewhere.

PostPosted: Jun Thu 10, 2021 11:21 pm 

Why do they need your address? Surely not for payments as that is all electronically. To verify something? All they need is your SS#, correct? BTW at some USPS Post Offices in the US, my address is not regognized, yet UPS and Fedex have no problem with it. Maybe eBay is using USPS info?

PostPosted: Jun Thu 10, 2021 11:27 pm 

Location: 13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K 1P0
My guess is that the address at eBay does not match the address on the bank account to which the payments are to be directed.

.... just a guess ....

PostPosted: Jun Thu 10, 2021 11:27 pm 

Not to sound curt but Im not looking for anyone to agree with me. I could care less. Im just pointing out what many members told me would NOT happen has just happened. I deserve it for signing up. Never should have done it.
Initially I joined managed payments and they confirmed my info as 100% correct. I have been using it for a few weeks with no issue until I sold a high priced item or 2. My address is correct but eBay has decided to lock my funds while in transfer to my bank account. $1100.00 to be exact. I have called and they refuse to accept my address as correct unless I give them MORE personal information. Screw them. I cancelled all the sold listings and refunded the buyers (they wee all agreeable to the cancellations. Thats a good thing for me as I am not selling all of them without fees. Screw eBay and their BS.

Fair warning to all eBay sellers on this forum.. You signed an agreement and they can hold your money indefinitely unless you hire a lawyer.

Kirk

PostPosted: Jun Thu 10, 2021 11:30 pm 

Charlie,
They have my address as it is on all my government documents. They want me to send a paid property tax bill, copy of my license and something else.
Not happening....

John,
Everything matches... They know it does but they want documents to back it.

Kirk

PostPosted: Jun Thu 10, 2021 11:31 pm 

OldRestorer wrote:
I have called and they refuse to accept my address as correct unless I give them MORE personal information. Screw them.

So what was the extra personal information that they were requesting?

PostPosted: Jun Thu 10, 2021 11:43 pm 

Location: 13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K 1P0
OldRestorer wrote:
They want me to send a paid property tax bill, copy of my license and something else.

Seems excessive ... overly excessive for a company that is not a bank and has very limited liability or financial exposure.

PostPosted: Jun Thu 10, 2021 11:56 pm 

OldRestorer wrote:
They want me to send a paid property tax bill, copy of my license and something else.

Kirk

Send a scan of your drivers license?! That is the last thing one would want floating around on internet servers even without the Solarwinds software breach affecting internet servers.

Norman

PostPosted: Jun Fri 11, 2021 12:20 am 

Me neither Norman but it is required as per eBay laws. Sorry for only showing snippets but my personal info is on the page.

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 7.18.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 7.18.39 PM.png [ 35.36 KiB | Viewed 654 times ]
Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 7.19.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 7.19.59 PM.png [ 26.39 KiB | Viewed 654 times ]

PostPosted: Jun Fri 11, 2021 1:12 am 

You know, I didn’t have to submit any of this when I set up managed payments. It just worked unobtrusively. I would be curious about what in the world some of you are doing that makes it so hard to prove that you are you to their satisfaction, but to be perfectly honest it just doesn’t matter, all these rants are getting tiresome. Either reach out to eBay and get a real explanation and fix it or just stop dealing with them. They have decided that they are all done dealing with payment flakiness and very few sellers are important enough to warrant exceptions, so they did what they believe is right for them and you should do what is right for you.

PostPosted: Jun Fri 11, 2021 1:35 am 

This is the same crap they pulled on me awhile back and i was just trying to be a buyer. At least you got some usage out of ebay, they blocked me outright from the get go and started asking for all sorts of private information, some of which I did answer on the phone with their representative since i was told that should verify it and satisfy them. Then after they give me the run around after it didn’t by trying to say “if you just sign up for paypal and link it, then it’ll work”, which of course it didn’t, and that’s when they told me to send copies of my license, bills, etc., after which I told them to f off, and had them delete the account.

It’s why I won’t bother with ebay.

PostPosted: Jun Fri 11, 2021 2:22 am 

I've had no problem with managed payments.

Museum Curator
https://roaringtwentiesantiqueradiomuseum.com/

PostPosted: Jun Fri 11, 2021 2:45 am 

I've sold on eBay since '98.

It keeps getting more and more restrictive, and I've tried 'managed payments' without success. My bank gave me the route/acct numbers, but it fails to post. eBay sez the numbers are incorrect.

I'm having much better luck on QRZ, QTH, Etsy, and here.

Screw 'em.

Dennis

PostPosted: Jun Fri 11, 2021 3:46 am 

I would say that the millions of active sellers on eBay, right now, are there because they've successively switched over to managed payments. I would say that most of them have set up separate banking accounts specifically for eBay. I'm sure many of them gripped about having to make the changes but it's either that or don't sell on eBay. I'm sure those who chose to stick with eBay are making darn good money right now. Those who decided to part ways from eBay can still sell their items on Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, forums, etc, but may not get those great eBay prices for them. Me, I'm sticking with eBay because that's where the money is.

Last edited by Indiana Radios on Jun Fri 11, 2021 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Jun Fri 11, 2021 4:17 am 

Ditto!

Museum Curator
https://roaringtwentiesantiqueradiomuseum.com/

PostPosted: Jun Fri 11, 2021 7:18 am 

I too have had NP with managed payments. PayPal and eBay have access to only one checking account, and it's associated debit card, which seems to satisfy their need for a "back up" source, LOL!

PostPosted: Jun Fri 11, 2021 6:39 pm 

No problems here either, other than waiting time for payments to clear being longer.

Theres one thing I think will be a big advantage but I havent heard any stories yet whether it works or not, and thats that the return times have been shortened. Buyers used to have 6 months with paypal and now I "think" its 2 months if they use not as described excuse. 2 months is 1 month too long, but 6 months was beyond stupid.

Sorry it isnt working out for you OP.

PostPosted: Jun Fri 11, 2021 6:46 pm 

oldmannewtrick wrote:
No problems here either, other than waiting time for payments to clear being longer.

Theres one thing I think will be a big advantage but I havent heard any stories yet whether it works or not, and thats that the return times have been shortened. Buyers used to have 6 months with paypal and now I "think" its 2 months if they use not as described excuse. 2 months is 1 month too long, but 6 months was beyond stupid.

Sorry it isnt working out for you OP.

I've heard of scammers waiting until the very last day of the six month period to file a claim. It's like they did it just to pour more salt in the wound.

PostPosted: Jun Fri 11, 2021 6:48 pm 

The mistake a lot of people make, myself included, is agreeing to the terms without reading them and then surprises pop up later. If you dispute them, you have no leg to stand on because "you accepted the terms." With all that said, this is just more reason for me not to sign up for their new payment process. I'm not giving them all of my personal information + a DNA sample, all to get paid for some junk that I sold.

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 39 posts ]  Moderator: Lou deGonzague Go to page 1, 2  Next