Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jul Wed 15, 2020 12:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Someone is selling my Missing radio!
PostPosted: May Mon 11, 2020 2:50 pm 

Ok a lot of info here, lol...

Ed,
I have shipped 100 times through GSP. Only 3 or 4 were taken. The 46 tubes are my latest but why would I let a few times stop me from using them. A buyer KNOWS the fees and bid accordingly. If it is too much then don't buy it. I pay out the :wink: to eBay so I will take advantage of the program. It is great for sellers. No muss no fuss. If one out of 20 get taken and I don't lose the funds then I don't really care. It is not like they wont come back up on eBay soon. :lol:

As for the rest of the comments, Going to the P.O. is very hard for me. This is why I mainly use the program. I rarely go out and my Jeep is on it's last 2 shocks.... Literally... The back shocks rotted off the mounts.. or should I say the mounts rotted and the shocks are now hanging there.. Hahaha There are so many obstacles for me to get to the P.O. The GSP is my best option.

John (K9)
You are exactly right... The letter I got from eBay said it was RESTRICTED ...

:)

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 9.49.40 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 9.49.40 AM.png [ 178.26 KiB | Viewed 744 times ]

PostPosted: May Mon 11, 2020 6:11 pm 

Dear Kirk,

Buy a Kia. It'll make going to the post office fun......... 8)

Dan

PostPosted: May Mon 11, 2020 8:29 pm 

Well there it is, "eligibility requirements within the Global Shipping Program". Like I said, "of their own making".

Attachments:
Untitled A.png
Untitled A.png [ 59.65 KiB | Viewed 717 times ]

PostPosted: May Tue 12, 2020 7:00 pm 

"Will not be returned to you"

Excuse me but what the (insert heavy expletive) kind of (insert expletive) is that? If I cant ship it through their precious program then I want it back. I didn't agree to sell it to ebay so they can re-sell it or destroy it.

Just my $.02

PostPosted: May Tue 12, 2020 7:28 pm 

Location: 13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K 1P0
badwaxcaps wrote:

Excuse me but what the (insert heavy expletive) kind of (insert expletive) is that? If I cant ship it through their precious program then I want it back. I didn't agree to sell it to ebay so they can re-sell it or destroy it.

Just my $.02

This was kinda my point some time ago. eBay has no idea what the arrangement is between seller and buyer and as far as I am concerned, taking the item from the buyer without their permission is theft .... plain and simple.

In addition, had the buy bought an item at a screamin deal price, planning to resell it (not illegal), then ideally eBay should be responsible for their loss of profit.

This whole thing stinks.

PostPosted: May Tue 12, 2020 8:21 pm 

John Bartley wrote:
badwaxcaps wrote:

Just my $.02

This was kinda my point some time ago. eBay has no idea what the arrangement is between seller and buyer and as far as I am concerned, taking the item from the buyer without their permission is theft .... plain and simple.

In addition, had the buy bought an item at a screamin deal price, planning to resell it (not illegal), then ideally eBay should be responsible for their loss of profit.

This whole thing stinks.

Boys, boys; first of all, the item was sold, seller got his payment and will retain it, and the buyer was refunded. So the seller has no complaint; he put an item up for sale, sold it, received payment, so end story. The buyer was refunded his payment, so he's out nothing, but admittedly he's short-changed on obtaining what he wanted.

It is not theft, as both parties were compensated for the cost of the item.

The takeaway from all this is the knowledge learned by the experience; for specific items, simply do not use the Global Shipping Program.

PostPosted: May Tue 12, 2020 9:02 pm 

Location: 13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K 1P0
fifties wrote:
Boys, boys; first of all, the item was sold, seller got his payment and will retain it, and the buyer was refunded. So the seller has no complaint; he put an item up for sale, sold it, received payment, so end story. The buyer was refunded his payment, so he's out nothing, but admittedly he's short-changed on obtaining what he wanted.

The takeaway from all this is the knowledge learned by the experience; for specific items, simply do not use the Global Shipping Program.

Whoaa la.

Your neighbour sells you his 39 LaSalle coupe for $5k because he likes you. The local auto club shows up, takes ownership of the car without your permission and gives you your $5k back. Then they turn around and sell it for $10k.

You're happy as heck aren't you :)

Ok, not quite the same (or anywhere near the same LOL ) but you still didn't agree ... someone just took it and that is the same. How can eBay just seize goods belong to others? Who in heck would give permission for that?

PostPosted: May Tue 12, 2020 9:56 pm 

Bartley's assessment is correct regarding what ebay and Pitney Bowes do in tandem. Partners in crime, in a sense. However, by selling or buying on ebay, you mutually agree to their terms. Like it or lump it. I think there's a lot of PYA going on regarding what's legal/illegal to ship. Before I listed one of the "confiscated" radios, I did check with ebay on prohibited items to export. Nothing was mentioned (that I could find) about shipping tube radios to Canada. Sure surprised me.

FWIW, I was steaming mad when MY pictures taken on MY deck were re-listed by the seller. But I got over it, although quite frankly, it took a couple months. . . . . :cry:

EDITED because I forgot to sign this post - - - - Dan

PostPosted: May Wed 13, 2020 3:28 am 

In a matter like this my getting paid or the buyer being refunded is immaterial. That item was MINE. Its not for Ebay to determine what I want or how I feel about the transaction. If they won't ship it then I want it back. I sold the item because I wanted to pass it along. Thats MY right. MY perogative. I acquired it. I decided to sell it. I will determine who its sold to. Sorry, I'm a complicated man like that :lol: .

PostPosted: May Wed 13, 2020 3:33 am 

John Bartley wrote:
fifties wrote:

Whoaa la.

Your neighbour sells you his 39 LaSalle coupe for $5k because he likes you. The local auto club shows up, takes ownership of the car without your permission and gives you your $5k back. Then they turn around and sell it for $10k.

You're happy as heck aren't you :)

Ok, not quite the same (or anywhere near the same LOL ) but you still didn't agree ... someone just took it and that is the same. How can eBay just seize goods belong to others? Who in heck would give permission for that?

John old boy, I did state that even though the buyer was refunded (monetarily) he was still short changed (figuratively).
My main point was that this needs to be considered as a learning experience;

we cannot ship tubes or tube radios out of the U.S. using eBay's Global Shipping Service. I have used their service when sending solid state stuff out of the country, because my liability ends when it arrives near LAX at their reception point.

For tube sets, it's USPS international. Just consider their service as one shipping tool available, but not the only one.

Badwaxcaps, when you placed the item for auction or BIN, you are giving up your right to determine who wins and pays for it, beyond anyone on your blocked bidder list. What do you care who gets it or what they do with it? It's now theirs. If the guy that wins it turns around and re-lists it at a much higher price and sells it, what's the difference between that and eBay snatching it?

PostPosted: May Wed 13, 2020 4:36 am 

Principle.... I'm selling it to an individual who can then do as they please. I'm NOT selling it to an online auction company. If I wanted ebay to have it then I'd sell it to them. I signed on with them to sell my stuff not to have them confiscate it and throw some $ at me. In a situation like this I want my stuff back. The transaction between myself and the buyer could not be completed and as such I want my property back.

Sometimes principle is more important than money.

PostPosted: May Wed 13, 2020 4:43 am 

badwaxcaps wrote:
Principle.... I'm selling it to an individual who can then do as they please. I'm NOT selling it to an online auction company. If I wanted ebay to have it then I'd sell it to them. I signed on with them to sell my stuff not to have them confiscate it and throw some $ at me. In a situation like this I want my stuff back. The transaction between myself and the buyer could not be completed and as such I want my property back.

Sometimes principle is more important than money.

I think someone mentioned earlier that you are bound by eBay's rules when you use their service, and that's hardly unique. So, you had already agreed to whatever they do when you listed it, and once you were paid, it was no longer your property. You have no recourse.

PostPosted: May Wed 13, 2020 4:48 am 

Of course you don't. Big business always wins. It is what it is. This is why I don't do ebay anymore.

PostPosted: May Wed 27, 2020 7:08 pm 

AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaand....

There it is

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nos-Lafayette- ... Sw4B9ezpmB

PostPosted: May Wed 27, 2020 8:25 pm 

OldRestorer wrote:

This thread has been an interesting read and the fact that it pops up again for sale is proof of the scam. Amazing. Never mind using your pictures again, this is just outright fraud.

We all deal pretty much in antique radios and parts. Imagine in what other areas this is happening? Coins, stamps, God knows what else.

PostPosted: May Wed 27, 2020 8:38 pm 

kc2oso wrote:
OldRestorer wrote:

This thread has been an interesting read and the fact that it pops up again for sale is proof of the scam. Amazing. Never mind using your pictures again, this is just outright fraud.

We all deal pretty much in antique radios and parts. Imagine in what other areas this is happening? Coins, stamps, God knows what else.

Well Technically you can't call it a scam as it is all legal. Anything FleaBay determines to be contraband and therefore not legal to ship to other countries gets grabbed up. And this 8TEN outfit buys it probably pennies on the dollar. To see what all 8TEN has for Auction / BIN orders for the most part set at the same end the auction price includes copy of description and pictures from the orignial auction. Click up See Sellers Other Items and then sort by highest priced items first. You will be amazed at the quantity and prices.

26,223 results items up for BIN from 8TEN1944 Prices starting at $3100 for a Brioni Mink Jacket. I guess you can't ship Mink out of the country. Pretty soon on the list a nice looking McIntosh 225 Amp for only $2300 and prior to that a pair of Monoblock Avent Amps $2500

Yes they have one hellava racket operation.
John k9uwa

PostPosted: May Wed 27, 2020 9:08 pm 

k9uwa wrote:
kc2oso wrote:
OldRestorer wrote:

Yes they have one hellava racket operation.
John k9uwa

Seems like guns too: https://forums.gunboards.com/showthread ... &styleid=7

:roll:

PostPosted: May Fri 29, 2020 8:12 pm 

I just had a completed sale item confiscated at the GSP Center and received the exact same message as in oldrestorer's May 11, 2020 post. The "restricted" item is a Radiola 26, which I sold to a buyer in the Czech Republic. His purchase price is being refunded, I get to keep the sale price, and of course eBay keeps its fees, so technically, no one is out on this deal. I'm waiting to see if this set magically reappears on eBay, and if my photos are re-used. After reading this thread, I'm sure that the excuse for blocking the sale was the radio's set of UV-199 tubes!

David

PostPosted: May Fri 29, 2020 8:25 pm 

Do they even have radio stations over there??? 8)

Dan

PostPosted: Jun Tue 02, 2020 4:10 pm 

The "confiscated" Radiola 26 is now listed by eBay seller 8ten1944: https://www.ebay.com/itm/164228715296?ul_noapp=true . What I find really outrageous is that they are using my photos and a slightly edited version of my description, which apparently is legitimate per eBay policies - eBay adds listing photos and descriptions to its catalog, and they become stock images that others may use! I'm following this listing to see what happens.

David

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 132 posts ]  Moderator: Lou deGonzague Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next