Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Nov Fri 22, 2019 12:59 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: You'd say or think?
PostPosted: Mar Fri 16, 2018 3:17 pm 

I don't think much has changed from the days of local papers that were Buy & Sell only. 1st to show up
with cash gets it, always has been that way. Even in the 70's people would call and ask you to hold it
then never show up, you may find out that they found another closer or cheaper.
So, the first onsite with cash, wins. nothing new or appalling with that

PostPosted: Mar Sat 17, 2018 1:49 pm 

glue_ru wrote:
I don't think much has changed from the days of local papers that were Buy & Sell only. 1st to show up
with cash gets it, always has been that way. Even in the 70's people would call and ask you to hold it

Fair enough, but if someone told me they need to drive 2 hours to reach me to pick up the item, I would hold it for them once they tell me they are on their way.

PostPosted: Mar Sat 17, 2018 2:46 pm 

lexrageorge wrote:
glue_ru wrote:

Fair enough, but if someone told me they need to drive 2 hours to reach me to pick up the item, I would hold it for them once they tell me they are on their way.

I agree with lexrageorge.
Every buyer does not live next door to the seller.
In the past I have responded to ads and asked if the radio is still available and been told yes and the first person there gets it Then I will ask if anyone has committed yet.If the answer is no.I will say I will take it but the seller must hold it as I am say 75 miles away and it will take so long to get there and I don't want to waste my time driving there to find out it has been sold.However I do not ask them to hold it longer than it will take to drive there in a reasonable time.
So far the sellers I have dealt with seem to understand and I have had no problems.
Henry
Henry

PostPosted: Mar Sat 17, 2018 4:07 pm 

I think for anything big- ticket, if there was a lot of interest, i would simply tell a caller that I would happily hold it for them if they sent a deposit.
Related thought: buying and selling things in general, I don't discuss price or get into bargaining until the person has seen the item.

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 24 posts ]  Moderator: Lou deGonzague Go to page Previous  1, 2