Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Mon 14, 2019 1:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Can't access my eBay account with Fire HD 10 tablet
PostPosted: Jun Sun 09, 2019 10:06 pm 

It was Ok until last Monday. Now, all I get is an "Oops, it's not you, it's us" message, saying their server is down. I can navigate EBay like normal, just can't log into my account. I did a soft reset several times, cleared the cache, cookies, favorites, and bookmarks, but no dice. Everything works normally on the desktop PC. Actually, I'm writing this from the Fire now. It's convenient to use the tablet outdoors this time of year. Anyone here have the same issue? Any insights appreciated.

Dan

Post subject: Re: Can't access my eBay account with Fire HD 10 tablet
PostPosted: Jun Sun 09, 2019 11:58 pm 

Can you still log in from another machine?

PostPosted: Jun Mon 10, 2019 12:12 am 

This sometimes happens on my smartphone. Go to the bottom of the Ebay page and click classic site. Next if you are using chrome browser(or whatever) open the settings and place on desktop site or desktop page, have to do both, usually I click the Ebay classic first. Then it should work.

Marc

PostPosted: Jun Thu 13, 2019 9:28 am 

I just tried eBay on my new Fire HD 10 with the Silk browser and had no issues signing in eBay (my account, not from Facebook or Google login), viewing my account details, or navigating the site.

Usually when I see that "Oops, it's not you, it's us" message it means they are updating their software/site on the backend. Typically happens when I am trying to process orders to ship too this time of day. The only trick is to ensure the page your trying to access is not simply the error page (as it loads it and a refresh will just show that message), or try eBay later.

Have you had any success logging in since?

PostPosted: Jun Thu 13, 2019 3:35 pm 

ThomasMBS wrote:
I just tried eBay on my new Fire HD 10 with the Silk browser and had no issues signing in eBay (my account, not from Facebook or Google login), viewing my account details, or navigating the site.

Usually when I see that "Oops, it's not you, it's us" message it means they are updating their software/site on the backend. Typically happens when I am trying to process orders to ship too this time of day. The only trick is to ensure the page your trying to access is not simply the error page (as it loads it and a refresh will just show that message), or try eBay later.

Have you had any success logging in since?

I can log in perfectly from my desktop. The Fire worked perfectly until a about a week ago. I tried to clear out all the auto fill-in stuff on the Fire, but it still pops up whenever I try to log in to ebay. Yesterday, on the Fire, ebay started giving me the message that the login/password was incorrect - - but it isn't! I have tried in vain to reset the tablet - to clear all that stuff out of it's little brain - to no avail. Any idea how to do that without a complete factory reset? I'd hate to lose everything over some stupid glitch.

Thanks,
Dan

PostPosted: Jun Thu 13, 2019 4:44 pm 

I'm using a smartphone and the same thing happened last night. I wasn't able to log into my own account. Later it was back to normal.

PostPosted: Jun Thu 13, 2019 5:17 pm 

If you still can't access eBay, and as you said the pop-up to fill the password is shown the data is still stored on the Fire. Here is a link to a guide showing how to access the Silk data and to clear it (clearing the saved passwords, cookie data, and cache is recommended) which may fix the issue https://www.dummies.com/consumer-electr ... e-fire-hd/

Still no luck, ask on Amazon's Fire forum itself for help (surely some knowledgeable people can fix the problem) https://www.amazonforum.com/forums/devices/fire-tablets

The last option I see is using the Dolphin browser instead of using Silk; albeit, doing so is more involved and beyond me (after all I have had my tablet just a few days now) and will void your warranty.

To do that it appears that a file explorer needs to be installed first to handle the program's APK, and then installed outside of Amazon's Appstore (much like rooting). I can't say I would recommend though especially if you still have a warranty - a call to customer service may be the best option. http://thefiretablet.com/posts/install- ... ndle-fire/

PostPosted: Jun Fri 14, 2019 9:39 pm 

Thanks for all the tips. I spent over an hour on Amazon chat - - five different people from the Middle East. Did a hard reset, cleared cache, cookies, etc. No good.

Spent a half hour with ebay customer service. They told me to reset my password and all would be fine. Did it, didn't work.

Amazon has no love for ebay - - I suspect that this incompatibility is deliberate. Everything worked fine for months, then suddenly it didn't. Oh well, I'll just have to use the desktop to conduct my "high finance" transactions on ebay instead of sipping cool beverages with my tablet on the deck. I'm just not used to such inconvenience and sacrifice . . . . . 8)

Dan