Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jul Wed 24, 2019 10:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: AK 84 chassis listing question.
PostPosted: Jun Thu 13, 2019 5:07 pm 

I sold this AK84 chassis last month. The buyer received it and left positive feedback. Then last week with no notice he filed for a return. With eBays new policy it was approved instantly and he said it was not as described. He stated the tuning gear was stripped.
The gear is not stripped but there is a rubber piece on the shaft end that is worn. I looked on Renovated radios and they have tuning rollers but none for the AK 84. What am I missing?
http://renovatedradios.com/productlist.php?category=94

He lied in his return claim and I got charged almost $70.00 in shipping. When I wrote to him 3 times he was a jerk and said it as my fault even though it was an AS IS parts listing. I had to call and argue with eBay for 20 minutes but I WON! I got all my money back from shipping.
In case you want to avoid this clueless buyer his name is Puppychild123.

Listing:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/192925613325

:evil:

Attachments:
IMG_0336.JPG
IMG_0336.JPG [ 244.05 KiB | Viewed 370 times ]
IMG_0337.JPG
IMG_0337.JPG [ 236.15 KiB | Viewed 370 times ]

Post subject: Re: AK 84 chassis listing question.
PostPosted: Jun Thu 13, 2019 9:38 pm 

I think on those AK's it is just a piece of rubber hose, I don't think it is any different on the 84's. I've used almost any hose that was the about right size that I've had laying around like fuel line hose. Adams belts used to sell a kit, but all you really need is a piece of hose that the gear can grip.

http://www.antiquewireless.org/uploads/ ... del_84.pdf

PostPosted: Jun Fri 14, 2019 12:51 am 

With my AK 82Q and 387, I had to replace both tuning shaft's rubber tires with a rubber grommet and their tuning works just fine. I've never seen a pre 1934 AK radio that didn't need it's rubber tire replaced.

OldRestorer wrote:
and he said it was not as described. He stated the tuning gear was stripped.

How can that be? You barely described anything let alone anything concerning the tuning assembly.

PostPosted: Jun Fri 14, 2019 6:20 pm 

He probably just had buyers remorse and wanted his money back so he used the bad tuning rubber as an excuse.

From your relisted auction:
Quote:
The rubbers are worn and will need to be replaced.

PostPosted: Jun Fri 14, 2019 11:31 pm 

I just got burned by a return lately too... nothing wrong with the item, verified it when it showed back up, so at least it wasn't damaged in the back and forth shipping, but I'm out about $55 in shipping fees now. And I believe with the new ebay policy, we are also out on the ebay commission fees they charge... or maybe that was paypal fees... I can't remember anymore, I just know I got screwed.

PostPosted: Jun Sat 15, 2019 5:17 pm 

radios2100 wrote:
I just got burned by a return lately too... nothing wrong with the item, verified it when it showed back up, so at least it wasn't damaged in the back and forth shipping, but I'm out about $55 in shipping fees now. And I believe with the new ebay policy, we are also out on the ebay commission fees they charge... or maybe that was paypal fees... I can't remember anymore, I just know I got screwed.

Call them and get a supervisor. I did and they refunded me the shipping both ways, refunded my fees, AND removed the "ding" I got for losing the appeal case. I didn't even know I got a ding... It took some arguing but I made sure they understood that he lied in the return and the return reason was false so I should not have to pay the shipping.
They reversed the case in my favor yesterday.

Kirk

PostPosted: Jun Sun 16, 2019 1:10 am 

Congrats on winning your case Kirk. The fact that the buyer left positive feedback and then weeks later wanted to return it should have been an easy call for Ebay in your favor, but you are correct in needing to contact someone higher up (and hopefully of higher intelligence) to get results.

Museum Curator
https://roaringtwentiesantiqueradiomuseum.com/

PostPosted: Jun Tue 25, 2019 2:00 pm 

OldRestorer wrote:
radios2100 wrote:

Call them and get a supervisor. I did and they refunded me the shipping both ways, refunded my fees, AND removed the "ding" I got for losing the appeal case. I didn't even know I got a ding... It took some arguing but I made sure they understood that he lied in the return and the return reason was false so I should not have to pay the shipping.
They reversed the case in my favor yesterday.

Kirk

If you go into your Seller Dashboard, you'll see how many, if any, "Dings" have been assigned to you. Ebay calls them defects in the Seller Dashboard.

BR,

Terry