Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Sat 07, 2019 8:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Instant collection
PostPosted: Jun Wed 19, 2019 12:08 am 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Radio- ... 0009.m1982

That's a lot of radios for $800.

Dan

Post subject: Re: Instant collection
PostPosted: Jun Wed 19, 2019 12:30 am 

$800.00 is the starting bid.
Must Collect/Pick Up In Wichita, Kansas.

Will ONLY sell Photo #1 and Photo #2 as the whole lot.

photo one.
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/VnIAAOSw ... -l1600.jpg

photo two.
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/sOQAAOSw ... -l1600.jpg

:) Greg.

Verbatim.
###Must Collect/Pick Up In Wichita###Unable to ship###
Photo #1 : Antique Radio Collection for Sale - 21 Cathedral/Tombstone/Pre 1930 Radios that are complete from Photo #1 (Crosley Trirdyn, RCA, GE, Grunow, Healthkit, Philco, Atwater Kent, Majestic, Zenith, Stromberg Carlson, Motorola, Westinghouse, Warwick and others), 3 more Tombstone radios taken apart (Chassis removed from Cases, should have the guts for 3 of them, might need work). 4 speakers (Atwater Kent, Crosley, Stewart Warner, Brandes bad shape).  Others, Hickok Generator, VTVM, Reel to Reel Dekorder.
Photo #2: 5 Console Radios (Zenith, Majestic 91-92, Spartan 666, Philco, RCA Radiola 22), 5-6 radios (National NC-173 Receiver, RCA, etc), 2 tube boxes (1 box with tubes), test equipments, antique speaker, mixture of speakers, Philco speakers.  2-4 empty radios cases. A lot of extra parts, guts (Zeniths, magnavox, Philco and etc) test equipments, phonos, reel to reel (Sony and etc), cables, and etc.
This is just a summary of what I have here.  call/sms if you are interested at (316)519-8888 I am located in Wichita, Kansas - sorry no shipping but i can help you load it in your truck of trailer! It might be worthwhile to make a trip to Wichita KS.  Cross listing at craigslist and others.
Will ONLY sell Photo #1 and Photo #2 as the whole lot.  Take ALL for one price or make an offer. Sorry, can't part it out or sell individual.  
Expect some radios/equipment needs work, scratches, peeling, cracks, missing knobs, tubes, components and etc.  might have some extra stuff throw in as well.  Some are restored and working unit and some are not.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Jun Wed 19, 2019 4:33 am 

Seems like an Estes Auction might be a better choice, but I'm no expert.

PostPosted: Jun Wed 19, 2019 12:48 pm 

Even keeping in mind that ‘one man’s trash is another man’s treasure’, this looks like a trailer load of crap. Isn’t Estes more for higher quality items? Just asking as I don’t know.

PostPosted: Jun Wed 19, 2019 3:15 pm 

Just another pile of the same old-same old that is being unloaded all at once for the seller's convenience. There's a few table model sets and parts that may be worth buying individually but most of the collection needs extensive restoration.

I think Estis has bigger and better collections to liquidate then to spend his time selling off this garage fodder parts collection.

PostPosted: Jun Wed 19, 2019 6:42 pm 

Kind of looks like it may be the leftovers of an already-picked collection.

PostPosted: Jun Thu 20, 2019 4:03 am 

I like that Majestic 291 cathedral in there! :D

PostPosted: Jun Fri 21, 2019 5:51 pm 

Instant hoarding situation. Just alot of average unrestored radios going from one hoarder to another. Good luck with that. I'd rather pay 800.00 + for one nicely restored radio than this group.

PostPosted: Jun Fri 21, 2019 7:52 pm 

So often radio "collections" are the stock pile of future project sets in someone's garage that have to go. When you delve into any of these sets I can bet your not going to be happy.

PostPosted: Jun Fri 21, 2019 9:30 pm 

In my opinion and given my level of taste (admittedly not always great) 80% of the radios on eBay and 90% in the ARF monthly finds thread could go straight to the dumpster without any loss to history or whatever. With that said, I also understand how some folks enjoy taking a common radio in poor condition and restoring it. Strictly the hobby angle.
Of course a pile like this one would keep someone busy for a long time. And the cost of parts and value of time spent restoring would seldom be recovered. But, if you enjoy it, great. While you’ll probably be upside down in a financial sense at the end of most projects (if you value your time at all), at least you got some enjoyment out of the process and it kept you off the golf course. :D

PostPosted: Jun Sat 22, 2019 2:37 am 

palegreenthumb wrote:
I like that Majestic 291 cathedral in there! :D

That's the one that caught my eye, too!

PostPosted: Jun Sat 22, 2019 6:14 am 

I restored a lot of old Edison phonographs that could have gone in the trash bin. It is a hobby and kept me busy. I now am into mostly Zeniths portables and Zenith transoceanic radios along with a few other brands that I buy cheap to repair. I have three 7G605 clippers with two that now work . I will not make anything on these but it is fun and rewarding to bring them back to life. I spent a fortune on test equipment. One Simpson meter deserves another and another and another. A little over kill. Tom

PostPosted: Jun Sat 22, 2019 12:00 pm 

decojoe67 wrote:
So often radio "collections" are the stock pile of future project sets in someone's garage that have to go. When you delve into any of these sets I can bet your not going to be happy.

+1. Will be passed on to another hoarder, then to another. The few worthy sets may get restored.

PostPosted: Jun Sun 23, 2019 2:53 am 

My My My … Instant hoarder created and I can be one for the cheap price of $ 800.00 That is the deal of the century. Too bad I am not close. Tom