Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jul Wed 15, 2020 1:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Ebay's "Verify your account information "
PostPosted: May Wed 27, 2020 5:05 pm 

I buy from Ebay quite often. I'll get Email links, and messages when I log on using their app. It says to click on this box to verify your account information. Well what exactly is it you need to verify? I haven't changed anything in my address, credit card,PayPal, etc. It doesn't prevent me from buying anything, but this seems kinda suspicious to me. Anyone else get these messages? Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Ebay's "Verify your account information "
PostPosted: May Wed 27, 2020 8:54 pm 

SCAM.....Don't answer.

PostPosted: May Wed 27, 2020 8:57 pm 

Zenith Royal wrote:
I buy from Ebay quite often. I'll get Email links, and messages when I log on using their app. It says to click on this box to verify your account information. Well what exactly is it you need to verify? I haven't changed anything in my address, credit card,PayPal, etc. It doesn't prevent me from buying anything, but this seems kinda suspicious to me. Anyone else get these messages? Thanks.

It is part of Ebay's security the two methods of verification. You might not think it effects you as Joe Buyer but what if someone swiped your ebay account? Changes the Email to address and ship to address and then start selling all sorts of stuff they really don't have. Keeping the money of course and never delivering the goods. It crabbed at me the other day as I was coming from a totally different ISP.

Fleabay wants more than one way to get to the real you. Just be sure you are really on a real ebay page and go from there.

John k9uwa

PostPosted: May Wed 27, 2020 8:58 pm 

If it's an email, delete and run. It's almost certainly a scam. If an update may be required you would be notified on logging in to Ebay and then I would still doublecheck the address-line prior to responding.

PostPosted: May Wed 27, 2020 9:04 pm 

Always look at the header of an email purporting to be from a source you deal with. If there is any other gobbellygook in the address beyond the sources' name, it's a scam. Also when there is no address in the "To:" field.

Here's one I got regarding a Discover card, of which I don't have;
Quote:
Discover Card on hold
From:"Discover" <disco76732543654873154873615@cfl.rr.com>
To:

PostPosted: May Wed 27, 2020 9:30 pm 

fifties wrote:
Always look at the header of an email purporting to be from a source you deal with. If there is any other gobbellygook in the address beyond the sources' name, it's a scam. Also when there is no address in the "To:" field.

Here's one I got regarding a Discover card, of which I don't have;
Quote:
Discover Card on hold
From:"Discover" <disco76732543654873154873615@cfl.rr.com>
To:

YABUTT the OP said.. I buy from Ebay quite often. I'll get Email links, and messages when I log on using their app.

So the OP Is logging onto his ebay account and getting these messages.. Pretty good chance that is legit from FleaBay.
Unless he has a hacked APP that isn't really from FleaBay.
John k9uwa