Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Nov Tue 24, 2020 2:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Damaged in shipment & seller trying to weasel out of ref
PostPosted: Oct Fri 23, 2020 5:24 pm 

The seller is 100% at fault, FedEx 0%.

PostPosted: Oct Fri 23, 2020 7:08 pm 

I know you pretty much already said you will, but do just as crappy of a packing job shipping it back. That way he receives an even bigger wreck. :twisted:

PostPosted: Oct Fri 23, 2020 7:20 pm 

beat_truck wrote:
I know you pretty much already said you will, but do just as crappy of a packing job shipping it back. That way he receives an even bigger wreck. :twisted:

I'll at least put some "fragile" stickers on it, to insure that it gets thrown around even more.

PostPosted: Oct Fri 23, 2020 8:25 pm 

FWIW, if he had a no return policy he is going to have a heck of a time not refunding you in full. he would have to call ebay and do a lot of convincing.

IF he had a free return policy or is a Top Rated seller and offered 30 day returns he could refund you only half saying it was damaged, parts missing, etc, and then you'd be the one calling ebay to get the other half back and probably would.

You have my curiosity up with what he tries to pull but I dont think he has a choice other than a full refund even if it arrives back in even worse shape. They might be thinking you wont return it.

PostPosted: Oct Fri 23, 2020 8:59 pm 

Here it is, all ready to go back. This was the most effortless packing job that I've ever performed and, frankly, I hope he get it so busted up that he can't even sell a single part off of it.

Attachments:
webcor 020.JPG
webcor 020.JPG [ 742.76 KiB | Viewed 382 times ]

PostPosted: Oct Sat 24, 2020 3:11 am 

I'd posted a couple of Youtube videos, one when I got the record player and another one after I found out I was going to have to send it back. I did this mainly for documentation purposes and to warn others. The seller found one of them and commented. He's still blaming the carrier, he don't like it because he's being shammed on Youtube, and he can't understand what my problem is. Then, he offered me a box of radios to call it a truce.

I commented that it wasn't about the carrier.....it's about him and his irresponsible actions. I told him I didn't want his box of radios and that all I wanted was for him to pack correctly.

Then, things started getting more dramatized from some other commenters and I decided to make both videos private (I can still get to them, if need be).

PostPosted: Oct Sat 24, 2020 3:56 am 

Stick to your guns, and let the douche bag eat it. Maybe he will learn something from it. From the sounds of him, maybe not, though. :?

PostPosted: Oct Sat 24, 2020 5:46 pm 

i love that note on your package!!! I laughed til I cried it is so funny and he deserves what your doing.

PostPosted: Oct Tue 27, 2020 4:23 pm 

oldmannewtrick wrote:
i love that note on your package!!! I laughed til I cried it is so funny and he deserves what your doing.

The package was dropped off Friday (Priority mail) and was supposed to be delivered today. Well, guess what? It isn't on the truck. I don't need them horsing around with the package, especially when my money is involved. It was sent priority for a reason, was supposed to be delivered today, and they need to get off their butts and deliver it. Heck, it will be just my luck that it will sit in a sort facility for the next 3.5 weeks, like a recent purchase did. What should have happened is me being issued a full refund, right after the first message was sent to the seller; but, no....he had to be a bullhead and drag things out (he's just making his negative feedback look even more colorful).

PostPosted: Oct Tue 27, 2020 10:02 pm 

radiotvnut wrote:
It was sent priority for a reason, was supposed to be delivered today, and they need to get off their butts and deliver it.

I'm guessing the backroom USPS workers are having way to much fun throwing, kicking, dropping, and jumping on that package to ever be bothered in sending it on. Basically everything your note begged them not to do. :wink:

PostPosted: Oct Wed 28, 2020 6:46 pm 

Just to give you an update (I hope this is the last one, LOL), the record player was delivered and Ebay issued me a full refund. However, I noticed something strange. On the email they sent, Ebay said I only got back $49 and some change. When I logged directly in to my PayPal account, they said I got the whole $63 and some change back. As soon as the refund has cleared my account, the seller is getting some flaming red feedback. In fact, I don't know if the 80-100 characters they allow will be enough space for what I really want to say.

PostPosted: Oct Sat 31, 2020 6:22 am 

LOL, he has the amp out of the record player for $40 auction or $60 BIN with free shipping. If he can sell it, more power to him.

PostPosted: Oct Sat 31, 2020 2:28 pm 

All's well that ends well. He's making lemonade out of a lemon.
Very resource full on his part. That's how you turn things around
and still make money. Have to give him credit.

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 53 posts ]  Moderator: Lou deGonzague Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3