Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Nov Tue 24, 2020 1:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: eBay new Rule - Item not received Claim
PostPosted: Oct Fri 23, 2020 11:57 pm 

It is well known USPS has been losing items of late. A lost parcel claim can start on day after the estimated arrival date from the carrier. Seller can refund or refuse refund by making a statement such as 'I shipped it, not my issue'. After about a week, you can step up the claim to have ebay come in to resolve it. eBay used to pay for item same or next day. Now, ebay adds another week stating 'awaiting for additional documentation' although there is no additional documentation unless the carrier finds and delivers the lost parcel.

In my case I waited a week after the due date estimate and it was still extended the additional week by ebay. I figure ebay is paying for a lot of lost parcel claims, thus added the additional week. My claim is for $5.87. I am not sweating it.

Post subject: Re: eBay new Rule - Item not received Claim
PostPosted: Oct Sat 24, 2020 12:26 am 

It's worse - my sister got this on an INR (a pair of new shoes) she shipped via USPS via eBay shipping, with signature confirmation:

Quote:
eBay needs documents from you.

To continue with this investigation, we need documentation confirming delivery to your buyer's address. We can't confirm delivery with the online tracking you provided.
You’ll need to provide proof of postage for the package associated with this case. Proof of postage should be a copy of the actual shipping label on the package that shows the destination address and the shipping company's stamp to verify the shipment date.

Online tracking/delivery confirmation/signature are useless anymore. Never mind that the USPS tracking lists every step, and the label was generated by eBay.

What a way to slap down a first-time seller. She sold three inelegant items, with one INR....glad I got out of eBay when I did...

Save those shipping labels, and get a counter receipt.......

PostPosted: Oct Sat 24, 2020 12:47 am 

The ebay automation may have some issues with the evidence requested. When an issue has a problem such as this then direct contact with a representative is needed. Be sure all documents are scanned to a JPG and at the ready so they can be forwarded to the representatives email account. The account is visible on the reps monitor. Be very nice and good things will happen :)

PostPosted: Oct Sat 24, 2020 3:06 am 

When I sell something, I create a label through Ebay (usually FedEx) and when I drop off the package, I get a receipt saying that the carrier actually received it. Knock on wood; but, I've not had any INR claims yet.

PostPosted: Oct Sat 24, 2020 3:19 pm 

Tracking seems a tad iffy... just a TAD!!! I've had items delivered, left feedback, and the tracking says "tracking number provided"... what a crock!!! This situation is ripe for some unsavory person to claim non receipt of goods. I have also watched the carrier emerge with an armful of packages and never deliver mine yet tracking claims it was "delivered" at the same timestamp marked on my security camera... I held the bag on several of those deliveries!!! If you open a case with the PO, they conclude it real quick with the tracking..... you lose!!!

Jim

PostPosted: Oct Sat 24, 2020 3:30 pm 

I recently ordered some "rubber" parts from Renovated Radios. USPS tracking showed that the package had been delivered, but that was untrue. Several days later, maybe it was an entire week, the package finally arrived. So much for tracking!

PostPosted: Oct Sat 24, 2020 5:23 pm 

But how can it be proved it was delivered to the correct address?
I once had a package delivered to the correct address but wrong town!! (2 small towns 10 miles from each other)

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough
A.Einstein

PostPosted: Oct Sat 24, 2020 6:41 pm 

Speaking of correct addresses, the lady on the next street over has the same house number as me and the street names are very similar sounding. It has not happened recently; but, it used to be very common that she'd get stuff of mine and I'd get stuff of hers. Thankfully, we're both honest and let the other one know that we have a package for them. In the old days of my neighborhood, I could trust most everybody over here if something of mine was mis-delivered to their house. Unfortunately, I can't say that about the neighborhood today. Today, they'd take the package and as soon as they found out it wasn't something they could hock at the pawn shop, they'd throw it in the trash.

PostPosted: Oct Sat 24, 2020 7:03 pm 

sawblade54 wrote:
But how can it be proved it was delivered to the correct address?
I once had a package delivered to the correct address but wrong town!! (2 small towns 10 miles from each other)

Once USPS tracking shows delivered, ebay is done no matter if delivered or not to your address.

PostPosted: Oct Sat 24, 2020 9:08 pm 

I am waiting for an ebay item that left Syracuse and has vanished with no further tracking and is now past delivery date. I will give them into next week but with as messed up as the system is, I am not sure how much leeway to give them before I make a claim.

PostPosted: Oct Sat 24, 2020 10:27 pm 

wazz wrote:
I am waiting for an ebay item that left Syracuse and has vanished with no further tracking and is now past delivery date. I will give them into next week but with as messed up as the system is, I am not sure how much leeway to give them before I make a claim.

If seller communicates, I give 7 extra days after due date with the USPS delays.

PostPosted: Oct Sat 24, 2020 10:54 pm 

One thing that eBay is doing is advancing the delivery dates of bought items if they haven't been delivered yet. I recently bought an electrophoresis power supply and the seller did not ship for 5 days; originally due to be delivered from Oct 22 to 24. He didn't post any shipping information, so the date became the 28th; then the 29th, then the 30th to 31st.

It was actually shipped and got here yesterday. As you know, you can't open any claim with eBay until after the expected delivery date.

PostPosted: Oct Sun 25, 2020 6:23 am 

Johnnysan wrote:
One thing that eBay is doing is advancing the delivery dates of bought items if they haven't been delivered yet. I recently bought an electrophoresis power supply and the seller did not ship for 5 days; originally due to be delivered from Oct 22 to 24. He didn't post any shipping information, so the date became the 28th; then the 29th, then the 30th to 31st.

It was actually shipped and got here yesterday. As you know, you can't open any claim with eBay until after the expected delivery date.

My parcel is going on over three weeks not received and eBay wants another week. So, I guess ebay does not cover a 'did not receive it claim' for a month now.

PostPosted: Oct Sun 25, 2020 3:09 pm 

There are also various scams perpetrated by both sellers and buyers where the item is intentionally sent to the wrong address. Google it, there are many such stories.

One workaround to this is, if tracking shows the item you purchased was "delivered" and suspect a scam because it wasn't delivered to your address, do not file an INR claim. The seller will likely win the case, since it was in fact proven "delivered", and that's all eBay cares about.
Instead, file a NAD claim, which buyers almost always win, then send the seller back an empty envelope (or a box with equal weight to the original shipping weight of the item purchased). You will win the case when your return shows as delivered and you'll be refunded in full. Then add that seller to your BSL and move on with life. You can also file with the IC3 and postal inspector(s) and cops, etc., and fight fight fight if you've nothing better to do.

Also, if you use a CC to purchase, don't file a claim with your CC company until after any claims with eBay or PP have been closed or your eBay/PP claims will be closed, and then your only recourse is through your CC company, and you may well lose, if tracking proves the parcel was delivered.
I read a case where an eBay employee recommended the buyer file a claim with their CC company, which the buyer did, after which eBay promptly closed the case in favor of the seller. Seems to me eBay reps do this precisely in order to spare eBay a potential loss.
No, this never happened to me, but I've read other peoples' misery because of it.

PostPosted: Oct Fri 30, 2020 1:09 am 

I have had several orders end up taking forever because of the USPS. It seems to depend on where they are coming from. I have noted that items from china that come in through chicago enter a wormhole and come out 3 or 4 weeks later when they used to take about a week.

Stuff that ships from CA seems to get here kinda quick but then will often sit an extra day or 2 at my PO.

The postman delivery times are all over the place. in the last month I have gotten mail as early as noon and as late as 10pm. Thankfully the guy delivering now is not as bad as the previous one who could not read an address and would deliver my mail randomly to other houses.

Pro tip find the phone number for your local post office not the national number. if something shows delivered and you don't have it. call that number and let it ring. It may ring 50 or more times, if they hang up call again. I have gotten instant results from calling direct to my PO. In one case the supervisor there was going to personally track down a package by going to all my neighbors to find it (if he had to). I ended up finding it in my neighbors mailbox.

Also they have GPS tracking on all packages. if a package is delivered, and scanned. it gets tagged with a GPS location and the post office knows exactly where it is.

The exception to this is when a package I had was marked as delivered but not scanned, and not actually delivered.