Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Feb Wed 24, 2021 9:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Craig's list buyer won't pick up console
PostPosted: Nov Sat 28, 2020 4:03 pm 

decojoe67 wrote:
.......I don't see what emergency could prevent a quick early morning or evening pick-up of his item. Like they say in a court of law, you can't make your problem someone else's........
You must lead a very blessed life Joe, and in these trying times I sincerely hope that continues for you. As far as the court of law I'm hoping since the buyer already paid in full and stated, "he's dealing with a family emergency," that a little kindness, instead of the legal law, could be applied here.

I can personally think of at least two family emergencies that were more important to deal with than me picking up a used stereo, but I won't bore the readers the details.

PostPosted: Nov Sat 28, 2020 4:23 pm 

Eliot Ness wrote:
decojoe67 wrote:
.......I don't see what emergency could prevent a quick early morning or evening pick-up of his item. Like they say in a court of law, you can't make your problem someone else's........
You must lead a very blessed life Joe, and in :| these trying times I sincerely hope that continues for you. As far as the court of law I'm hoping since the buyer already paid in full and stated, "he's dealing with a family emergency," that a little kindness, instead of the legal law, could be applied here.

I can personally think of at least two family emergencies that were more important to deal with than me picking up a used stereo, but I won't bore the readers the details.

Just the opposite. I learned the cold facts of life early on.
The best thing would be to tell the buyer that I'll refund your money, and put the item back on the market because it needs to move. If it's there after your crisis, then you're welcome to it. I would think a person in a crisis would prefer the money anyway, not be disappointed about missing out on an old stereo.

PostPosted: Nov Sat 28, 2020 6:57 pm 

jimbenedict wrote:
Scott wrote:
11 Days? ahhh that is nothing. I sold my T-368 transmitter and the guy mailed me a check for full payment of $750. We agreed I would hold it a few months and then he would pick it up. After 3 years, I sold it again. The guy contacted me 5 years after initial payment and wanted his transmitter, :lol: :lol: :lol: He was disappointed when he got was a check for $750 instead.

5 years? You may not live at same address or even be alive. Good grief.

Yeah, no kidding. I reached out to him several times in the first year or so. He said he would put it out on Uship for bid- that never happened. I also contacted him and told him that a friend of mine would deliver it for a reasonable fee and I never heard back. The guy worked at a college in NY state about 2 or 3 hours from me. I have no idea what goes thru peoples heads. I though maybe he died or something, but after a couple of years I couldn't find his contact info any more. Obviously, he still had mine. I resold it figuring that if I ever hear from him, I will just give him a check to refund his payment. People are nuts.

PostPosted: Nov Sat 28, 2020 7:14 pm 

Thanks for the replies

I think I'm just frustrated by the lack of communication

It's all been via email and text message. Dude never answers the phone or returns voicemails, yet I have his money and his console

I'll hang onto it a little longer and apply some pressure as xmas approaches

PostPosted: Nov Sat 28, 2020 7:21 pm 

Location: 13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K 1P0
Ya' know .....

This is a private sale, not a business. It's an unusual year and none of us know what sort of issues/problems/etc anyone else is having. The radio is fully paid so the seller is not "out of pocket", just a bit cramped for space for ..... max ...... four weeks.

There's no fraud happening, so..........

Why not exercise a bit of human compassion? Help out your fellow biped?

We have enough issues on this planet right now without unnecessarily demonstrating how hard-assed you can be ....

PostPosted: Nov Sat 28, 2020 7:36 pm 

John Bartley wrote:
Ya' know .....

This is a private sale, not a business. It's an unusual year and none of us know what sort of issues/problems/etc anyone else is having. The radio is fully paid so the seller is not "out of pocket", just a bit cramped for space for ..... max ...... four weeks.

We have enough issues on this planet right now without unnecessarily demonstrating how hard-assed you can be ....

Ok will do :)

PostPosted: Nov Sat 28, 2020 9:22 pm 

majortom wrote:
decojoe67 wrote:
It's just pulling up to the house, loading the unit onto a truck and leaving. No excuses.

Not everyone drives a pickup....

That's not an excuse. You can rent one for 20 bucks/first hour at Home Depot.

PostPosted: Nov Sat 28, 2020 9:35 pm 

Location: 13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K 1P0
Brettzky99 wrote:
John Bartley wrote:
Ya' know .....

Atta boy !! Good Karma is coming your way someday when you least expect it.

PostPosted: Nov Sat 28, 2020 11:33 pm 

John Bartley wrote:
Brettzky99 wrote:
John Bartley wrote:
Ya' know .....

Atta boy !! Good Karma is coming your way someday when you least expect it.

Wait until you see my post in the November finds thread tomorrow :wink:

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 29 posts ]  Moderator: Lou deGonzague Go to page Previous  1, 2