Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Sep Fri 20, 2019 11:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Orion AR 612 "Pacsirta" 1960 audio ports
PostPosted: Mar Wed 22, 2017 6:30 pm 

Hey,
I'm new here, so I don't know if I ask my question in the right place, but I think.
I have that radio, Orion AR 612 "Pacsirta", produced in the '60s, I got from the godfather of mine. I'd like to know more about the two main audio ports on it.
Attachment:
File comment: The one to the left is marked with tape recorder/player pictogram, the one to the right is marked with the turntable pictogram on the back, which I removed for the photo.
IMG_20170322_180724.jpg
IMG_20170322_180724.jpg [ 221.15 KiB | Viewed 952 times ]

I've seen that turntable connector many times before, but I don't know what is that. About the left one I have absolutely no idea other than it's used by old tape players somehow. Some people who own the exact same type of radio have the 5 pin DIN instead of that thing.

Many thanks for your help in advance,
amadaras

Post subject: Re: Orion AR 612 "Pacsirta" 1960 audio ports
PostPosted: Mar Thu 23, 2017 2:43 pm 

Welcome to the forum!

That left side DIN connector does exist both in three- and five-pin configuration.
When they use the five-pin version, the other pins also include outputs, but that is not used on this radio.
Here they used the three-pin version, where according to the schematics pin 1 is for magnetic input and pin 3 is for the crystal type input, and that is also paralleled with the right side connector.

I take you have the schematics, if not, I have the two section detailed description of the radio from the '64 Radiotechnika magazine (in Hungarian).

Peter