Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Sep Sun 22, 2019 4:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Morse Electrophonic Model TRD-61
PostPosted: Aug Tue 21, 2018 10:26 am 

Dear All

I have tried to get information on the internet and maybe a manual for a Stereo 8 track player called
"Morse Electrophonic Model TRD-61" but havenĀ“t found anything printed about it. I have just bought one of this player on Ebay and would like, before it arrives, to see if I can obtain as much information as possible of this particurlar Stereo 8 track player. I have found pictures and by looking at them I have managed to get some visual information. Is there someone out there who maybe has one such player or maybe have manual copys for this Stereo 8 player? I am grateful for all help.Thank you!

Attachments:
small1.jpg
small1.jpg [ 36.66 KiB | Viewed 609 times ]
small2.jpg
small2.jpg [ 55.41 KiB | Viewed 609 times ]

Post subject: Re: Morse Electrophonic Model TRD-61
PostPosted: Aug Thu 23, 2018 3:57 am 

8 tracks are not that difficult if they haven't been messed with. It will more than likely need a belt. There's about a 50% chance it might work as is.

That being said, if you are planning on using this a a daily driver, the capacitors, especially in the power supply, should be replacedl

PostPosted: Aug Thu 23, 2018 6:39 am 

I think the information will be tricky to get, by this era there was so many products and manufacturers that it got out of track. Pictures of the inside would help if you need information.

As mentioned the belt has probably turned into goop. Usually you don't need much work besides that. Probably dirty contacts so get a good contact cleaner. Doub't you'll need to replace any capacitors, by this era Japanese capacitors were getting really good and most of the equipment I own from this eras still has good capacitors. Though if you want to be a perfectionist you can replace them but try replacing with good quality ones and not generic chinese electrolytics. Otherwise I wouldn't replace unless it was obviously necessary. With a bit of use the whole thing should reform and settle back into a good functioning state.

PostPosted: Aug Thu 23, 2018 3:19 pm 

This question was addressed here...
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=345261

Greg.