Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Wed 16, 2019 8:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Bogen STA-1 adapter question
PostPosted: Sep Sun 23, 2018 2:09 am 

I just found the accessory box from Bogen for combining two mono amps, model STA-1. Inside there are two resistors that are only soldered on one end...looks intentional but being 65 or more years old, it could have been modified. Someone had used it for sure...the two sliding switches were grimy. Anyway...if someone is familiar with the guts of these passive boxes please help. Will post a photo or two asap. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Bogen STA-1 adapter question
PostPosted: Sep Wed 26, 2018 9:49 pm 

Looking around, not a lot of info out there. I have never seen one of these units personally.

I did find this thread:
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/bogen-sta-1-stereo-adapter-for-db125s.694482/

If you aren't already, you will have to register to see the pictures close up.

PostPosted: Sep Thu 27, 2018 7:03 am 

Yes that's a good post about the home made box...especially the guy that said he had 4 of the STA-1 Bogen boxes but promptly then disappeared without opening one up. I posted photos of mine on another site as this one only accepts tiny files. I may get an answer...sure looks odd, those two resistors just hanging out there soldered on one end

PostPosted: Sep Thu 27, 2018 5:56 pm 

Steven C wrote:
I posted photos of mine on another site as this one only accepts tiny files.

Use an image editor to resize your images to a maximum size of no more than 800 pixels and they will do fine here.

PostPosted: Sep Fri 28, 2018 9:01 pm 

Answer to my Bogen STA-1 operating instructions inquiry are found in my new DB130 operating manual...on page3. Thanks to Manualman for sending out this great resource...nicely printed and bound too! Great forum her folks!

PostPosted: Sep Sat 29, 2018 12:52 am 

Steven C wrote:
Answer to my Bogen STA-1 operating instructions inquiry are found in my new DB130 operating manual...on page3. Thanks to Manualman for sending out this great resource...nicely printed and bound too! Great forum her folks!

Generally I don't have time to actually read the stuff I prepare line for line, but the STA stuff in the manual did catch my eye when I was putting it together. I'm happy it helped. I also checked a file box full of uncatalogued (hopefully soon) Bogen info and didn't see any folders labeled STA-1 but I might have missed it. Stuff is fairly jammed in the box.