Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jun Thu 20, 2019 10:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Baldwin Model N, O or Q Tone Cabinets
PostPosted: Apr Tue 09, 2019 1:36 pm 

Does anyone have a lead on information for this tone cabinet? It has two 15" Jensen speakers and a PP 6L6 amp in it. I'm coming up sixes so far in finding any data on this thing and I'm trying to restore it. Schematics for the amp is the most desired data I need.

I have since found the amplifier is a PC 40W, (4) 6L6 output tubes, (2) 5U4 rectifiers and (1) 12AX7 inverter. Any leads to a schematic or service manual would be appreciated. These tone cabinets may be associated with a Baldwin Model 45 Organ, so that service guide may have some data I'm looking for.

Thanks, Ed.

Post subject: Re: Baldwin Model N, O or Q Tone Cabinets
PostPosted: Apr Tue 09, 2019 7:15 pm 

What year approx?

PostPosted: Apr Tue 09, 2019 7:24 pm 

I have scans of the schematic and parts list for the Baldwin 45 PB amplifier. It uses push-pull-parallel 6L6s.
Send me your email address.

-Chuck K7MCG

<edit> There was another amplifier, used in the 45C and 45H2 organs that had two channels, one for great/swell and one for pedals. Each section used two 6L6pp with a common power supply using 2x 5U4. The 2 amp channels are identical, except for output stage cathode bias resistor and different output transformers.

PostPosted: Apr Tue 09, 2019 8:41 pm 

This amp has one 12AX7 inverter. Only way I could tell the difference. Same PP set-up but this amp has a choke about the size of the output transformer I believe. Please send me everything you have and I'll be glad to reimburse you however you like. Very difficult finding data in the old Baldwin world. edspesh@outlook.com.

Much Thanks,

Ed.

PostPosted: Apr Tue 09, 2019 8:45 pm 

I believe from the research I've done so far that it's somewhere between '59 and '62. Sorry, not much info out there. Thx, Ed.

PostPosted: Jun Sat 15, 2019 3:26 am 

Thanks to Chuck and another buddie who forwarded a PC S amp schematic (exact match for mine) for their help. Amp mod'd and running very quietly. Don't know if it's a Mac killer as some folks say but it works for my S80 just fine.