Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Mon 25, 2021 8:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Motorola 3 channel wiring diagram ?
PostPosted: Aug Sat 14, 2021 7:03 pm 

I got a model SK110 MB 3 channel motorola it has the vibrasonic, and the MPX chassis , I took pictures when I unplugged it all but my phone ran out of memory and I lost them... and the kicker is the tiny little tags they put on each individual chassis the wire color codes are different than what I have , and they do not show the wiring in between each chassis... would anyone happen to know or have a diagram ?.... you would think Motorola could have pasted one inside the cabinet , like magnavox does, also it has a tape function, but no where to plug one in?... unless the MPX takes that away?

Post subject: Re: Motorola 3 channel wiring diagram ?
PostPosted: Aug Sun 15, 2021 2:44 am 

The Sams folder is online at radiomuseum.org. https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/motorola_ ... _1043.html non-members can download 3 pages per day.

If you'd like a paper copy, I can pick one up at the AWA museum library on Tuesday. I'd ask for a donation to the AWA in returmn.

PostPosted: Aug Sun 15, 2021 5:46 pm 

I have the schematic ... but that shows nothing when it comes to connecting each of the individual chassis to each other ...there are only 3 rca jacks on the preamp?...seems to me their should be more inputs ... still trying to figure out how and where the tape function is in the unit... and where does it plug in? apparently in 63 you either got the MPX feature or the Tape...but not both?

PostPosted: Aug Sun 15, 2021 7:50 pm 

Is there a separate FM MPX position on the Selector switch? Or are you supposed to select the Tape position to hear FM Stereo?

-David

PostPosted: Aug Tue 17, 2021 3:17 pm 

I found the tape input , it has a shorting plug on it when not in use ... I need to keep remembering this is a mono unit... so only one plug , wish they would label them somehow at the factory...