Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jun Tue 25, 2019 4:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Denon DR-330 Cassette Deck
PostPosted: Sep Sat 30, 2006 5:09 pm 

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this, but it is an "other solid state item", so here goes. I bought this cassette deck back in '82 for my stereo system and it was a great performer. I've been thinking of trying to bring it back to life for the sole purpose of transfering audio books to MP3's. The electronics are fine, it's just that the belt and rubber pinch rollers of the transport have turned into soft lumps of goo.

Is this worth trying to repair? I'm sure I can find a belt for it, but restoring the rollers (and actually getting to the rollers) is probably the biggest problem. I'm looking for any suggestions as to whether to proceed or not. Also if there is anyplace else I should be searching.

Thanks for any advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sep Sat 30, 2006 5:18 pm 

Since this is a Hi Fi component and you are doing audio projects, I've taken the liberty of moving your topic to the Vintage Audio section where more audio experts might visit.

Service oriented supply houses like MCM Electronics can supply belts for this kind of equipment. They also sell kits of various sizes if you don't know the exact belts you need.

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sep Sat 30, 2006 5:52 pm 

No problem, Dave. Before I posted, I looked at all the categories and figured that since I was in my early 30's when I bought it, it couldn't possibly be Vintage. :shock: Oh well, I guess I am an old f*rt :)