Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jan Mon 20, 2020 9:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Dragnet/Fatima Cigarettes
PostPosted: Jun Thu 29, 2006 2:37 am 

Hi: I was listening to some odd and end tapes that I picked up at the Wheaton, IL Hamfest on June 11. Two tapes were Dragnet shows with "Big" in the titles, such as "Big Hands" and Big Screen"
The sponsor was Fatima cigarettes.

It struck me that I have never seen(or don't recall seeing) a package of Fatima cigarettes. Here's one image I found with a Google search: http://www.wantedcowgirls.com/images/Fa ... tes-wc.jpg

I was born in 1944, and it appears the Fatima brand was around into the Fifties. I live in north-central Illinois. Is it possible they were not sold in this area?

Does anyone recall the brand? Did anyone ever smoke them?

Thanks,
Ron

PS: The Big Screen episode is about the crooked TV repairman.
I was glad to obtain it for 20 cents.

Post subject: Fatimas
PostPosted: Jul Tue 04, 2006 8:24 pm 

Hi, Ron. I was able to buy a pack of Fatimas on ebay several years back, as well as a pack of Lucky Strike Greens. Gregg

Post subject: Dragnet
PostPosted: Jul Tue 04, 2006 8:29 pm 

It's my best guess that all Dragnets had the word "big" in the title. see listing at www.otrcat.com Gregg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jul Thu 06, 2006 1:42 am 

kb4yrc: You are correct. I just checked my MP3 collection index and only a few shows do not have"Big" in the title. I never realized this. I do not try to collect all shows in a series, just enjoy listening to whatever I get my hands on. I guess this is why I do not pay much attention to episode titles.

Thanks For The Info,
Ron

Post subject: Re: Dragnet/Fatima Cigarettes
PostPosted: Jan Mon 13, 2020 1:05 pm 

I just got a collection of Dragnet CDs from Radio Spirits and the early episodes didn’t have “The Big” in the title.

Post subject: Re: Dragnet/Fatima Cigarettes
PostPosted: Jan Mon 13, 2020 9:39 pm 

Ron Reeland wrote:
Hi: I was listening to some odd and end tapes that I picked up at the Wheaton, IL Hamfest on June 11. Two tapes were Dragnet shows with "Big" in the titles, such as "Big Hands" and Big Screen"
The sponsor was Fatima cigarettes.

It struck me that I have never seen(or don't recall seeing) a package of Fatima cigarettes. Here's one image I found with a Google search: http://www.wantedcowgirls.com/images/Fa ... tes-wc.jpg

I was born in 1944, and it appears the Fatima brand was around into the Fifties. I live in north-central Illinois. Is it possible they were not sold in this area?

I don't have first hand recollection of the brand, but have heard of them on Dragnet and did my own search long ago.
I seem to recall the brand was more popular or even limited to the Western Part of the US and Maybe more in California.

Quote:
Does anyone recall the brand? Did anyone ever smoke them?

Thanks,
Ron

PS: The Big Screen episode is about the crooked TV repairman.
I was glad to obtain it for 20 cents.