Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Aug Thu 06, 2020 10:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Media player to display OTR episode details.
PostPosted: Jul Wed 29, 2020 3:38 pm 

I have a bit of a strange question, that hopefully someone might be able to help me with.

I love to listen to my OTR shows around my 1950 wooden Raymond radio set, which I turn on to light the tuning scale, and stream the show to the Bluetooth speaker I have hidden inside. This gives a really good atmosphere. Imagine 'Suspense" in the dark, only lit by the radio's flickering glow. Anyway, it's at the playback end I'm looking for some help.

I store all my OTR shows on a WD My Cloud network hard drive that allows any phone or tablet to play them back to the speaker. That way I can kick back and swipe through the shows on the phone or tablet and listen to them through the 'radio'.

When I use media players for music or video, there are ones that can pull in the episode details to go with the file and display that on the player. What I'm looking for is some media player app that will allow my Android phone to show me episode and series information when I scroll through the shows, the way I can with videos.

I don't know if there is a way to do this or not, but think it would be really cool if it were possible. I know the video ones pull the data from online databases like IMDB, but don't know if there is an equivalent database for OTR shows.
I appreciate any advice.
Thanks
Duncan