Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Nov Mon 23, 2020 11:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Name These Shows Question / Challenge
PostPosted: Nov Wed 18, 2020 10:38 am 

Hi everyone,

I've recently been listening to a track called "Atmospheric Distortions" by Kangaroo Court (spam protection means I can't post the full link, but try Youtube where the link ends v=myd4JOw5gTE, or search for it by name) - It's hard to describe, but this is a merging or mix-up of what sounds like real and some made up radio show broadcasts, fading in and out.

Essentially it's made up of lots and lots of small "old time radio" and later-like broadcasts, and there is one segment in particular I'm drawn to; At the 8:27-mark, there is a "Stella Nova" segment; It sounds very much like an old time radio serial.

Now, I'm aware a lot of the sound bites used here are fake (whether they were done by Kangaroo Kourt themselves or "found" and used) but this sounds to me like a "proper" show. I've tried searching for "stellanova", "stella nova" "Amino", "Ameno" "Pulsular" words and more, but cannot trace it at all. Did it exist or is it just an excellent "new" old time radio-sounding work? I tried searching this board too, but nothing found.

SN: "I hear you Amino! I hear you and comprehend your plan!"
A: "Too late, Stella Nova... too late!"

Track listing;

Kangaroo Kourt ‎– Atmospheric Distortions From The Kangaroo Kourt
Label: Not On Label ‎– KK5
Format: Vinyl, LP
Released: 1992
Genre: Electronic
Style: Musique Concrète, Experimental

I'm really hoping someone has either heard of the serial / play / whatever, if it indeed ever existed, and point me in the right direction for more information (even downloads).

Additionally, if anyone can put names etc to any of the other pieces (Alien encounters; what sounds like science "lectures"; adverts etc and so on) that would be fantastic.

If possible, I'd be happy to attach a short mp3 section of it to this post, if the link above causes issues for some. Please let me know.

Regards

James Watson