Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Aug Mon 03, 2020 11:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Source for early musical radio shows?
PostPosted: Mar Thu 01, 2012 4:45 pm 

Greetings from snowy Vermont:

I am looking for a source(s) for very early musical radio shows (1929-1932). I really like Brunswick Brevities and I am sure there are other similar shows sent on shellac discs to radio stations by advertisers for broadcast in the late 1920s and early 1930s. If you know where these programs are hiding, please let me know.

Regards, Green Mountain Bill
who is still dreaming that someone will discover early instantaneous recordings of Paul Whiteman's radio shows with Bix on coronet.

Post subject: Re: Source for early musical radio shows?
PostPosted: Apr Sun 22, 2012 1:59 pm 

Being an vintage radio/phono collector and an early jazz cornet player, I too am interested in anything Bix . Saw some film footage on Youtube the other day of Whitemans band with Bix in rehearsal. PM me please if you would like to talk as this is a little off the OTR subject and don't want to hyjack.

PostPosted: Apr Sun 22, 2012 2:15 pm 

Dear 37oldsguy:

When I read the latest bio of Bix I was facinated with the nearly day-by-day log of his activities including the many Whiteman broadcasts of the Old Gold radio shows. Wouldn't it be great to hear those shows? So far none have turned up because it was early days for instantaneous recording.

But there are many other shellac discs around that were originally sent to radio stations for broadcast and many of these have great 1920s and early 1930s music. So I am in search of those programs.

I am a collector of 1920s jazz and specialize in records recorded by Columbia and issued on Columbia, Okeh, Harmony, Velvet Tone, Diva, Clarion, Am. Parlophone, Am. Odeon labels.

Regards, Bill Zucca
37GrahamGuy

PostPosted: Jul Wed 18, 2012 1:06 am 

No idea if those old shows are here, but it might be worth a try...and it's free :) http://radiolovers.com/