Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jul Wed 15, 2020 11:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Liists of recommended OTR episodes?
PostPosted: Nov Fri 30, 2012 3:48 pm 

Does anyone have a link to a site on the net that lists peoples favorite episodes of OTR shows? Not just which shows are favorites, but particular episodes.
I've seen a couple of them that have only small listings of favorites. Are there any sites that have a more comprehensive listing?
Thanks,
Joe

Post subject: Re: Liists of recommended OTR episodes?
PostPosted: Dec Mon 10, 2012 9:17 pm 

Hi Joe,

I think such a listing would be too subjective to be of any merit. I know my own personal tastes in programming have changed a bit from time to time. Lately, I am looking for obscure things - not always for sheer entertainment value but for historical interest and just to get a listen to something different.

I am not sure if you'd find a list but you could search here for a few threads where we have chimed in on some of our own favorites.

PostPosted: Dec Tue 11, 2012 12:01 am 

I agree Tom, but with the huge archieve of radios shows available, it is very helpful to just get some hints as to shows you "can't miss". Something like with lists of books that are "must reads". I have come across small lists of favorites on the net and they have proven to be very helpful to steer me towards great shows that I might have passed over. Wether it's a list of favorites in music, movies, books, TV shows, or old radio shows, I don't think anyone would take it as gospel, but would see it simply as a place to start.

PostPosted: Feb Thu 28, 2013 7:44 pm 

One of my favorite places to find archived shows is the old time radio internet archive. http://archive.org/details/oldtimeradio You name it and they have it. They also add shows continuously. I'm another history buff and to listen to the WW2 broadcasts really made me appreciate how families would huddle around their radios waiting on news from the war-front.