Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Aug Mon 19, 2019 5:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: help me identify an OTR episode
PostPosted: Jun Thu 20, 2019 5:30 pm 

Hello everyone

Years ago I heard a suspense radio show that made such an impression I've never been able to forget it. Unfortunately, I can't remember which program it was nor the name of the show. The plot was about a man entering a house with the intent of killing the occupant by planting a bomb with a timer in the basement. At the same time, burglars break in and tie up the man in the basement. Remainder of the show was all about him watching the timer countdown, building suspense along the way. During this time, a little girl walking along the street with her mother sees the man, but the mother doesn't believe her. Show ends with the timer going off.

Anyone have any idea what this was?

Thank you

Post subject: Re: help me identify an OTR episode
PostPosted: Jun Thu 20, 2019 8:15 pm 

It's titled Three O'Clock. All I did was Google the words "Suspense bomb in basement" and this was the first hit. It was also on Escape.

https://www.escape-suspense.com/2007/05 ... hree_.html

PostPosted: Jun Thu 20, 2019 8:24 pm 

I've tried numerous times on Google, but I kept putting in way more info and never could find anything. Feel like an idiot :wink: . Thank you.

PostPosted: Jun Fri 21, 2019 6:28 pm 

I guess less is more. Or sometimes it is. You're welcome. I vaguely remember hearing that episode, but it was many years ago. They had some really well written shows on Suspense. I heard a good one the other day with Parley Baer where he tried to murder his wife right before going on vacation and things didn't go according to plans. It was called Variations on a Theme, from 1956.

https://www.escape-suspense.com/2008/08 ... -vari.html