Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently May Wed 27, 2020 12:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Space Patrol
PostPosted: Mar Mon 23, 2020 3:05 am 

I like Space Patrol, but man it sounds like they're mumbling all the time. I run all the episodes through compression, equalization, and normalized them, but I can't get alot of the conversation out of the noise floor.

Post subject: Re: Space Patrol
PostPosted: Mar Tue 24, 2020 9:32 pm 

I like Space Patrol too! Is it all, or most of your episodes, or just a few? I've been sampling some of my episodes, and I think they sound pretty good. For any shows with poor sound quality, I use a graphic equalizer. I typically play through Winamp. Sometimes I use my Audio Workshop from DAK industries. I can usually get decent sound quality using an equalizer.
If it's just some of your episodes, let me know a couple and I can see if I have them. I'll give a listen to my copies and let you know if mine have the same audio problems.
-Dennis

PostPosted: Mar Fri 27, 2020 8:20 pm 

The first episode I checked episode 17 - The scavenger of Space 40-50 seconds in, I have alot of hiss and they sound like they are mumbling. I found it on youtube, and it sounds like mine. Most episodes sound like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFKBpsYTyik

PostPosted: Mar Sat 28, 2020 8:01 pm 

Well, it appears that my copy isn't any better than the one on youtube, or any place else I could find a free download. (I paid for my poor quality episode a long time ago) I suspect any episodes with poor sound quality might be the only ones available. Running the show though my equalizer does help, I pushed up the 1Khz bar, and toned down anything below that frequency. It helps, (less muffled), but it's still a tough listen.