Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Aug Wed 21, 2019 6:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: SOLD: Magnavox Concert Grand for CHRS: Price lowered
PostPosted: Apr Mon 01, 2019 4:55 pm 

Now asking $600.

The California Historical Radio Society is selling one of our museum's pieces, a 1959 Magnavox concert grand.

This is the infamous huge console built out to the max with a total of 42 tubes, two 15" woofers, two 4X10 horns. Each channel has its own dedicated amplifier. A total of 5 chassis. This is a VERY heavy piece, weighing some 350 pounds.

Condition: overall good cosmetic with a few scratches here and there, little to no discoloration. It has not been electrically overhauled but as-is works. There is a slight hum in the audio, probably from tired electrolytics and I would suggest whomever acquires this to give it a nice recap job. It has an insane amount of bass for even a set from today. The tuning cord for the tuner is snapped and would need to be re-attached. The record player has working audio but it needs either to be cleaned or have new rubber, which can be had from the voice of music.

Due to the set's massive size, those who live outside the Bay Area will need to arrange for packing and shipping. I would STRONGLY recommend sending via freight or via a company that is accustomed shipping sensitive pieces.

Asking $600 Or best offer. If there is more interest I can go take more pictures of the set including the rear and "innards". Proceeds directly benefit the museum.

https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/magnavox_ ... 01_82.html

Last edited by bobwilson1977 on Apr Wed 10, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: FS: Magnavox Concert Grand for CHRS
PostPosted: Apr Mon 01, 2019 7:31 pm 

Don't want to hijack the thread. But when I had my Concert Grand shipped from Seattle to Rhode Island, I chose Plycon Group. It cost me $438 and was well-worth it. Just thought I'd ad for anyone thinking of pulling the trigger but who does not live within driving distance.

Post subject: Re: FS: Magnavox Concert Grand for CHRS
PostPosted: Apr Mon 01, 2019 7:54 pm 

Really? That's not nearly as bad as I would've thought. Like I said- this it HEAVY. It took 4 of us to move it downstairs. I would have hated to be the delivery guy for these consoles.

Post subject: Re: FS: Magnavox Concert Grand for CHRS: Price lowered
PostPosted: Apr Wed 10, 2019 8:34 pm 

PM sent

Post subject: SOLD: Magnavox Concert Grand for CHRS: Price lowered
PostPosted: Apr Wed 10, 2019 9:28 pm 

The set is sold. Thanks all!