Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Nov Fri 22, 2019 8:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: FS - 7 Radios 1930s-1960s
PostPosted: Jun Wed 19, 2019 9:15 pm 

I am thinning the herd to just the radios I really like so I am deciding to sell some of the others. I will try to say all the information I know about the radio down below, but most of these I have not worked on yet or didn't get them fully working. All of the prices are my best guess on pricing so I am open to negotiations.

All of these prices do NOT include shipping. Please PM for the estimate on shipping costs for a radio. The console radios will not be shipped local pickup only.

Please see pictures of the radios here: http://s349.photobucket.com/user/wowsk/library/

RCA 55x - $60 I started on this radio, but the chassis was just about spotless and it worked great without a recap (at least it did a few years ago). Can't decide what to do with it now and I know someone else will value it more than me. All of the knobs, dial, chassis screws, etc. are in the bag which will be sent with the radio.

Philco Model 42-121 - $25 Can't say much, haven't touched it since I got it.

Zenith K615 - $35 I think I replaced the filter caps and it worked, but was very scratchy sound etc. Guessing resistor needs replaced.

Zenith L622 - $35 I recapped this and it worked, but seem to remember it not getting many stations.

Smokerette Radio - $100 The grill is cracked in quite a few places, but all intact. Antique tobacco and tobacco paraphernalia came with it when I got it and will stay with the radio. I haven't worked on it yet so I don't know any more information than that.

1932 Silvertone Console (unknown model) - $75 It has been recapped didn't work too well, needs quite a bit of antenna to work. Case was refinished with poly.

Brunswick S-14 - $100 It has also been recapped, and worked although temperamental, if I remember correctly. The case is really rough the top is actually completely detached. The reason for the high prices is the two 45 tubes in it which seem to work, although haven't been tested.