Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Thu 21, 2021 1:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: BEWARE: SCAM ALERT
PostPosted: Jan Mon 25, 2021 10:34 am 
Site Admin

There is a scammer going around different forum sites, including this one. The person will message you from an account on this site. They say they know someone with the radio you are looking for and convince you to send them payment.

Before you send anyone money, under this circumstance or others, please check to see if they are a new member and check whether they have made any posts. The recent attempts have come from newly created accounts with no posts; their message may be via PM or email.

If you choose to send money to someone you do not know (even if they appear to be legitimate), don't send it as a PayPal "friends and family" payment. There is absolutely no recourse if you lose your money since you sent it to a friend or family member.

Post subject: Re: BEWARE: SCAM ALERT
PostPosted: Jan Thu 28, 2021 2:44 am 
Site Admin

Here are some of the messages sent:

Quote:
I purchased some items from Willy283 some days ago and Philco 511 resistors is among the parts he showed me that he wanted to part out with. Maybe you should contact him to know if it is still available.. His number is THIS IS A SCAMMER

Quote:
I purchased some items from Willy283 some days ago and 2 megohm glass grid leak resistors is among the parts he showed me that he wanted to part out with. Maybe you should contact him to know if it is still available.. His number is THIS IS A SCAMMER

Quote:
I purchased some items from Willy283 some days ago and Motorola 65x11 Dial is among the parts he showed me that he wanted to part out with. Maybe you should contact him to know if it is still available.. His number is THIS IS A SCAMMER

Quote:
I purchased some items from Willy283 some days ago and Tube Socket - Type 99 Tube - Stub Pins is among the parts he showed me that he wanted to part out with. Maybe you should contact him to know if it is still available.. His number is THIS IS A SCAMMER

Quote:
I purchased some items from Willy283 some days ago and Silver Marshall S-M 251 and 256 audio "transformers is among the parts he showed me that he wanted to part out with. Maybe you should contact him to know if it is still available.. His number is THIS IS A SCAMMER

I've filtered ut the phone number. This should help, at least until they start using a different one.

Discussion link: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=390967

Post subject: Re: BEWARE: SCAM ALERT
PostPosted: Mar Sun 21, 2021 4:37 am 
Site Admin

Also, if you get a PM that appears to be a scam, click on the REPORT link within the message itself. That will flag it for moderator review.