Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently May Tue 11, 2021 1:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: WTB Basket case Philco 47-1230
PostPosted: Apr Thu 08, 2021 3:22 pm 

WTB!! A 47-1230 chassis preferably in original condition to just double check the point-to-point wiring on one I am troubleshooting and getting no where. Can have smashed/trashed/or no cabinet at all! Actually prefer just a chassis that has not been extensively restored or partial restore. Don't need turntable, cabinet, speaker, antenna, etc. and radio does not need to work! Looking for a chassis that I can place next to mine and easily verify that mine has no wiring errors. Mine has been 100% re-capped and all resistors replaced and does not emit any sound. I suspect whoever attempted a restore on my chassis made some mistakes. Have checked the obvious such as field and voice coils, audio transformer, tubes, and all that I could and my radio still silent. I see various places where radio and schematic differ and would love to pick-up another chassis that is essentially still un-modified. Hopefully you can appreciate how much faster it would be to have another correct chassis to compare mine to. That is why I don't care if it has issues as long as it is wired as from the factory. Cabinet is just extra weight and shipping cost. I am going with a modern turntable so don't want that either. I already have one more than I want. So, if you have a "carcass" that has just been collecting dust, why not get a few bucks for it? I have verified about every component on mine, but would love to have one to compare to. I can not find any clear pictures of underside wiring good enough to trace by. If someone knows where detailed underside wiring diagram such as many other brands include with schematic, that would be great, but think they just don't exist.
Email Bill at wmliedtke@gmail.com if you have what I am looking for! Will pay a reasonable price for what I am sure someone has and is tired of looking at! I have countless hours in mine and have about given up.... tube by tube voltage and resistance readings have not yielded a non=mute unit. Help please! Repair shop near me (Lafayette, IN.) are 8 months out! Let's talk. Thanks in advance. Bill
P.S. Would also pay shipping to me and return your chassis un-touched if you still want it, but don't need in NOW. I will not touch any wiring or components on yours.