Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Thu 09, 2021 2:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: FS very nice RCA 10T tombstone $500.00
PostPosted: Aug Mon 30, 2021 1:45 pm 

Asking price is a firm for now $500.00 for a local pickup.

I am considering selling my RCA 10T tombstone. This set was restored around 25 years ago and was a daily player for several months. It was one of the best tombstones in my collection for pulling in AM DX or SWLing. It has always been on display in either my shop or on shelving in a spare bedroom.

It will most likely need to the have the controls and band-switch cleaned or exercised. As a rule, RCA sets held their alignment. A new owner might consider replacing the filter capacitors or making sure the replacements in the set are properly reformed.

The cabinet is in very decent original condition and has not been refinished. The RCA dials were replaced with Rocksea replacements, but the original RCA dials are stored inside the cabinet and will go with the radio for any purists who want to put her back to original.

This is a very desirable and rarer set that is seldom up for sale in this condition. It is also a very large, bulking and heavy radio that weighs 50 pounds and which would need a box that is at least 24x24x34 for shipping.

Thus, I am offering this radio for local pickup at this time. I am located in north central CT and I am close to both I91 and I84. Local pickup is best.

If you really want it shipped, please do not ask me to give a shipping cost. Figure on a box that weighs around 60 pounds, and that is sized at a minimum of 24x24x34. I would guess the cost would be around 150 to 200 from east coast to west coast. I can ship under my FedEx account, or yours if you have one.. I would also be be willing to take this to a local shipper at your bequest for packing and shipping. A box and packing material may also add to the shipping costs.

Attachment:
rcafront (2).jpg
rcafront (2).jpg [ 562.07 KiB | Viewed 475 times ]

Attachment:
rcaside.jpg
rcaside.jpg [ 498.77 KiB | Viewed 475 times ]

Attachment:
rcachassis.jpg
rcachassis.jpg [ 740.09 KiB | Viewed 475 times ]

Attachment:
rcaside1.jpg
rcaside1.jpg [ 517.27 KiB | Viewed 475 times ]