Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jul Wed 17, 2019 4:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: I found out why radio tubes are a restricted item!
PostPosted: Jan Mon 01, 2018 2:44 pm 

I sent off a rebuttal statement to Global Shipping Pitney Bowes. In short , I stated that all pre 70 s radios, record players , recorders, amplifiers , projectors and etc at the time use tubes in them , they would have to restrict all of them from international shipping.
The message I got from Nishigandha Rokade customer service rep Pitney Bowes Global Shipping was that they will be contacting E bay on my behalf and advised of this matter........ ebay will contact me in 7 - 10 days about this issue

So at least they ( hopefully ) come to their senses about this issue......

PostPosted: Jan Mon 01, 2018 3:31 pm 

Location: 13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K 1P0
Rudedaddy wrote:
I sent off a rebuttal statement to Global Shipping Pitney Bowes. In short , I stated that all pre 70 s radios, record players , recorders, amplifiers , projectors and etc at the time use tubes in them , they would have to restrict all of them from international shipping.
The message I got from Nishigandha Rokade customer service rep Pitney Bowes Global Shipping was that they will be contacting E bay on my behalf and advised of this matter........ ebay will contact me in 7 - 10 days about this issue

\]

I guess you didn't read this earlier post ?:

Quote:
Unfortunately, approaching this in the wrong manner, dealing with the wrong people or agency, or having the approach made by the wrong people could easily result in making the situation worse rather than better.

And what you've done with your message to them, is advise them them that a product that they restrict in their GSP is often shipped enclosed, but undisclosed in tube radios. Now, instead of removing the tubes from the restricted list, they'll add the radios and radios will be on the restricted list because that's easier and gives less liability.

Nicely done ... sheesh!

PostPosted: Jan Mon 01, 2018 3:53 pm 

dON'T BLAME ME .... I ASKED FOR HELP........

PostPosted: Jan Mon 01, 2018 4:11 pm 

And we told you not to go there.

Experience is what you gain when the results aren't what you were expecting.

PostPosted: Jan Mon 01, 2018 4:52 pm 

I've been importing radios (tube and transistor) along with boat anchors from the States since the 1970's

Just to let you know, I'm pretty shocked and very annoyed at what I'm reading here.

Greg.

PostPosted: Jan Mon 01, 2018 6:16 pm 

Right or wrong , I am fighting for what I believe is right for me and others past and future , that have run into or will run into this type of situation. If we just sit down and do nothing , big corporations will walk all over the working middle class. Slaves to their whims , sort of speak ..... the rich get richer , the poor get poorer....

Discussions are going great , keep it up ....

PostPosted: Jan Mon 01, 2018 6:43 pm 

You sound just like me... when I was in junior high!

Unfortunately, I cannot march on Washington...
my rowing boat has sprung a leak.

Greg.

PostPosted: Jan Mon 01, 2018 6:49 pm 

Rudedaddy wrote:

As I've said before these items are already on Pitney Bowes restricted list and subject to seizure.
FYI, amongst the 3 items I bought last year and seized by P.B there was a P.A tube amplifier and a small AA-5 radio. They also seized my numerical display tubes (Numitrons) which were made post-1970. It seems that the simple use of the word "tube" in the item description in some categories is enough to trigger the inspection/restriction process at P.B.
I'm curious about their reply, please keep us posted...

Last edited by Tubologic on Jan Mon 01, 2018 6:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Jan Mon 01, 2018 6:53 pm 

Rudedaddy wrote:
Right or wrong , I am fighting for what I believe is right for me and others ...

'
Please stop .... help like this we don't need .. LOL

PostPosted: Jan Mon 01, 2018 6:59 pm 

Thanks for your support ..... I will keep everyone informed on what happens next.......
If I didn't start this , who will?..... It is so comfortable to sit in your chair and do nothing....... This is wrong and not fair what Pitney Bowes are doing, and I am standing up and fighting the best I know how.......

PostPosted: Jan Mon 01, 2018 8:41 pm 

Rudedaddy wrote:
Thanks for your support ..... I will keep everyone informed on what happens next.......
If I didn't start this , who will?..... It is so comfortable to sit in your chair and do nothing....... This is wrong and not fair what Pitney Bowes are doing, and I am standing up and fighting the best I know how.......

I'm afraid, however, you've kicked the sleeping giant. Using my earlier explanation of the rules-making process and the bureaucrats involved, John Bartley's vision is the most likely outcome. As Heinlein warned, "beware the altruist..."
John

PostPosted: Jan Mon 01, 2018 10:07 pm 

Sleeping giant or not..... I want a clear answer...... Is there a future in collecting radios or not ? ...... I have to know... I will get rid of all my 75 radios and start on another hobby line ( can't get parts )
A lot of us ( international purchasers ) are getting confused ... the e-bay auction site clearly says that the seller does ship internationally ...... That is why then , we get frustrated when PITNEY BOWES SAYS NO at the point the item is in transit !
It is like , you say something and then do another behind your back and rip out your heart........

PostPosted: Jan Mon 01, 2018 10:41 pm 

Ship by some other carrier...

Buy local and pick-up in person.

Have your next shipment labeled "Art-glass" or "Christmas Lights" and sent via DHL/Fedex/UPS.

You will not change P-B, your noise may send officials to your home for storing hazardous waste without a permit. Importing hazardous materials without a license. P-B has the evidence.

A LOUD enough noise could raise eyebrows at DHL/Fedex/UPS. Simply doing the same thing in their business model could make a lot of problems "go away".

Someone who KNOWS! wrote:
Now, instead of removing the tubes from the restricted list, they'll add the radios and radios will be on the restricted list because that's easier and gives less liability.

Nicely done ... sheesh!

PostPosted: Jan Mon 01, 2018 10:56 pm 

I just looked up cell phones..... guess what ...... they have all the hazardous materials in them too ........Are they going to be banned too?....No sleeping giant .... "the truth is out there. "....

PostPosted: Jan Mon 01, 2018 11:14 pm 

As for future orders , I will suggest the seller not to use Global Shipping and say to use "ART GLASS" EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE..... NO DECEPTION HERE...... :twisted:

PostPosted: Jan Mon 01, 2018 11:36 pm 

Rudedaddy wrote:
.. I will get rid of all my 75 radios and start on another hobby line ..

Good idea. I think you should get started at that right away before CSIS shows up at your door. Now that you've posted your full name, address and telephone number on the web, and you've publicly posted that you're contemplating fraudulent importation of hazardous goods, they'll be looking for you!! P-B has probably already been in touch with them.....

:)

PostPosted: Jan Mon 01, 2018 11:44 pm 

Thanks for all your support ........I can't thank you enough......

PostPosted: Jan Wed 03, 2018 2:05 am 

Listen to the veteran members in ARF, do your homework first on Global Shipping. Don't shake the bushes and avoid Global shipping. We don't have any problems with the other means of shipping aka USPS.

PostPosted: Jan Wed 03, 2018 2:48 am 

Funny how they are worried about trace levels mercury in (most) vacuum tubes. How many hundreds of millions of compact fluorescent light bulbs have been sold worldwide, loaded with mercury.

PostPosted: Jan Wed 03, 2018 2:56 am 

Ok, Enlighten me here. How the heck is Ebay confiscating shipments?

I ship direct to buyer , not to ebay.....

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next