Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Mar Tue 26, 2019 7:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Is 0A2WA tube a direct replacement to the 0A2 tube?
PostPosted: Feb Tue 12, 2019 9:16 pm 

Number 6 wrote:
Actually, I have sold a few to international buyers with no problems so far. (Electronic components.) I think that they are under the maximum radioactivity levels allowed.

Actually you are right, if the listing of the ad or the invoice issue doesn't have anything related to radioactivity or mentioned in the tube then it's safe to buy. I'll take a look at it :).

Last edited by Vintage Collector on Feb Tue 19, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Feb Tue 19, 2019 2:09 pm 

Number 6 wrote:
Actually, I have sold a few to international buyers with no problems so far. (Electronic components.) I think that they are under the maximum radioactivity levels allowed.

In that case I'll try to get one later on. Btw found the old Sylvania I replaced in my IP-17 Heath with the radio active sign.

Attachments:
rsz_sylvania_0a2.jpg
rsz_sylvania_0a2.jpg [ 51.07 KiB | Viewed 65 times ]

PostPosted: Feb Tue 19, 2019 9:43 pm 

Vintage Collector wrote:
Number 6 wrote:

In that case I'll try to get one later on. Btw found the old Sylvania I replaced in my IP-17 Heath with the radio active sign.

Too bad you don't live in the US, I wouldn't have to go through ebay and then I could give you a break on the price, or possibly trade for something.

PostPosted: Feb Tue 19, 2019 10:38 pm 

Why would you need to go though ebay to sell tubes to Vintage Collector?

-Steve

-Pre-War FM
Consoles and floor models, the bigger, the better!

PostPosted: Feb Wed 20, 2019 9:23 am 

azenithnut wrote:
Why would you need to go though ebay to sell tubes to Vintage Collector?

-Steve

Because he is overseas and I would rather use ebay's GSP service. It has been reliable so far.
If it was confiscated, etc. for some reason, we would both get our money back.

PostPosted: Feb Wed 20, 2019 11:16 am 

Number 6 wrote:
Because he is overseas and I would rather use ebay's GSP service. It has been reliable so far.
If it was confiscated, etc. for some reason, we would both get our money back.

I've used the GSP system only once and it was quite a terrible idea. The primary issue is that if I purchased multiple items via the GSP system , I'm charged a $28-35 non existent import charges. I enquire with the customs here and they told be I'm required to pay only a 5% VAT for the total value of a shipment upto $266. Beyond that I get charged an additional 7% custom duty. I've never exceeded $175 in a single shipment and mostly it's below $100.

I always prefer using a good freight forwarder so I get to consolidate multiple items and ship it at once. Plus I get my shipment within 4-5 days. With GSP it took me 13 days! WTH!! Also with a freight forwarders you can email them the link of the item that you wish to purchase and enquire it its restricted to import into a country. Let's say if I did purchase something and it's not allowed to be imported I can ship it back tot he seller at $7 to 10.

I read on a few forums a few months back that Pitney Bowes GSP have had vacuum tubes/valves seized and either returned or if cannot be returned then destroyed as they refuse to ship it outside the US. With freighter there isn't any such problem. infact even if a tube contains some mercury or radioactive material thats harmful, it can still be shipped with a freighter. Just that in the invoice we need to say vintage tube. That's all. Also the insurance system is good here, you get full amount as refund.