Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Mar Tue 26, 2019 4:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: F&T (Fischer & Tausche) Electrolytic caps?
PostPosted: Feb Sun 10, 2019 6:24 pm 

I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on these caps - made in Germany. I used them for a recent "higher-end" tube amp I rebuilt for a customer. (For most things, I use the generic caps that Sal sells, and never had a problem.) These are typical aluminum axial lead caps, but they're about twice as big physically - definitely not for re-stuffing cans. The ripple/AC hum was inaudible, and barely showed up on a scope. They're not that expensive - - definitely not in the "Audio Phool" category. F&T's website also gives complete performance specs, as well as life expectancy, etc. - - something that's hard to find for "generic" components. Thoughts? Experiences?

Dan

Post subject: Re: F&T (Fischer & Tausche) Electrolytic caps?
PostPosted: Feb Mon 11, 2019 5:37 am 

I purchased some from AES because I needed some other parts from them, I later used them in my General Electric E-61 tombstone. I liked the 500V rating and good ripple current characteristics. They are physically large and not as cheap as other offerings, however I would not have any issue with using them again in a radio of this type as they are of good quality and the radio was being given as a gift.

Post subject: Re: F&T (Fischer & Tausche) Electrolytic caps?
PostPosted: Feb Mon 11, 2019 5:48 am 

hello Dan,
those would be a great cap to install in my 1950s harmon Kardon they look like a great cap for the price and yes they cost more but for a special project it's worth it .

Sincerely rich