Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Thu 28, 2021 10:02 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Obsolete Eveready battery replacement source
PostPosted: Sep Fri 24, 2021 6:16 pm 

I got to looking at the old 15V battery in my Simpson meter. Then went looking online for curiosity. Ebay has this linked brand of itfor about 16$ and that seems reasonable as it is a modern alkaline. However my old battery still zeros OK on ohms so it is not super pressing except in the 260 I have, this battery is needed for the overload protection, too. Thinking of getting a spare, assuming shelf life may be long. I went to that company website and they make all sorts of batteries like B equivalents etc. Here: http://www.exellbattery.com/products/ev ... batteries/
I am sure you will pay well for them but that is an easy way if you got the cash.

Post subject: Re: Obsolete Eveready battery replacement source
PostPosted: Sep Fri 24, 2021 6:50 pm 

Interesting but since NO prices were listed, not even suggested retail, I am thinking they are overpriced.

PostPosted: Sep Fri 24, 2021 7:33 pm 

Many of the Exellbattery products are available on eBay and Amazon. They aren’t cheap, but they are the only game in town. I suppose we should just be happy someone is still offering these obsolete products.

Darrell

PostPosted: Sep Fri 24, 2021 9:02 pm 

Certainly can not disagree with that, Darrell. Heck, this stuff was supposed to be in the dump decades ago! We just keep it going. I have several HH Scott amplifiers that are over 60 years old, just singing away. HH Scott would never believe that they are still going.

PostPosted: Sep Fri 24, 2021 10:58 pm 

They got a round 9V battery, I need to see if it is the one that fits an old Motorola transistor pocket radio I have. Even if I added the right connector, a regular 9 will not fit in it. Unless of course, it costs more than the radio is worth!

PostPosted: Sep Fri 24, 2021 11:28 pm 

wazz wrote:
They got a round 9V battery, I need to see if it is the one that fits an old Motorola transistor pocket radio I have. Even if I added the right connector, a regular 9 will not fit in it. Unless of course, it costs more than the radio is worth!

The cheapest way to replace a battery in a Transistor device is to simply stack 1.5 or 3 volt watch batteries (button cells) together, tape around them, solder a wire to a connector on each end, and voila!

Don Cavey wrote:
Interesting but since NO prices were listed, not even suggested retail, I am thinking they are overpriced.

18 bucks.
https://www.amazon.com/Exell-Battery-41 ... B00BNF0Y8Y

PostPosted: Sep Sat 25, 2021 12:11 pm 

fifties wrote:

Don Cavey wrote:

18 bucks.
https://www.amazon.com/Exell-Battery-41 ... B00BNF0Y8Y

Inflation has set in n, I just clicked the link and they are $21.58! Maybe that is the east coast price :mrgreen: