Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently May Mon 10, 2021 9:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Everything USPS/UPS/FedEx Topic
PostPosted: Apr Thu 22, 2021 4:04 pm 
Site Admin

It is unlikely your box was upright during the majority of the trip. That the delivery guy didn't see them or ignored them, shouldn't make a difference if it was packed correctly.

PostPosted: Apr Thu 22, 2021 4:12 pm 
Site Admin

I thought to us was interesting. I live in a house that has a street address, but there is no mail service here, ever. On Monday, in spite not having mail il miss-delivered mail to a house not on their delivery route.

PostPosted: Apr Thu 22, 2021 7:10 pm 

Alan Voorhees wrote:
It is unlikely your box was upright during the majority of the trip. That the delivery guy didn't see them or ignored them, shouldn't make a difference if it was packed correctly.

Exactly right. Packaged correctly, you take the shipper out of the equation.

My hats off to the USPS. Two purchases made over the weekend arrived today, one day late. Not bad under the circumstances.

Museum Curator
https://roaringtwentiesantiqueradiomuseum.com/

PostPosted: Apr Thu 22, 2021 7:34 pm 

atwaterkent1 wrote:
Alan Voorhees wrote:

The delivery person flipped the box upside down upon delivery to the door. Other items have had boxes torn up, been covered in shoeprints, etc.

PostPosted: Apr Thu 22, 2021 11:21 pm 

tym wrote:
atwaterkent1 wrote:
Alan Voorhees wrote:

The delivery person flipped the box upside down upon delivery to the door. Other items have had boxes torn up, been covered in shoeprints, etc.

There was a thread awhile back where people were wondering if FRAGILE and THIS END UP stickers would get you better handling. The consensus was that those caused rougher handling. So you have to pack to withstand a 6 foot drop and leave off the stickers.

Edit: fix spelling

Last edited by Tom Schulz on Apr Sat 24, 2021 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Apr Fri 23, 2021 4:32 am 

Conciseness? No, most of the postings were not concise. :wink: I do get a laugh out of postings pointing to opinions of a relatively few people posted in a thread as facts. :lol:

Museum Curator

Last edited by atwaterkent1 on Apr Sat 24, 2021 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Apr Fri 23, 2021 11:46 pm 

Tom Schulz wrote:
There was a thread awhile back where people were wondering if FRAGILE and THIS END UP stickers would get you better handling. The conciseness was that those caused rougher handling. So you have to pack to withstand a 6 foot drop and leave off the stickers.

have to agree. example - I purchased another security system recently, repack (low budget here) shipper used fragile tape on box, it came squished. luckily it was not damaged. out all the received shipments over time, this was the only one damaged :? go figure - shipped USPS

Last edited by ttx450cap on Apr Sat 24, 2021 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Apr Sat 24, 2021 1:57 am 

atwaterkent1 wrote:
Conciseness? No, most of the postings were not concise. :wink: I do get a laugh out of postings pointing to opinions of a relatively few people posted in a thread as facts. :lol:

Should have been consensus. Sometimes I don't spiel so good. :)

PostPosted: Apr Tue 27, 2021 6:03 pm 

Our latest headache here at work - FEDEX Ground up to their usual antics. Called FEDEX to find out about the below shipment, and was told we have an undeliverable address. Immediately faxed them a snapshot of two FEDEX Express shipments that arrived this morning. They then admitted they were awaiting other items for our route - to make it economical to deliver our packages. Hampton is across the channel from us, and the tunnel traffic is sometimes a bear. But to hold up a shipment is not only idiocy, but comical as well. Meanwhile, a USN ship off the coast awaits their brokered parts shipment....

FEDEX Ground, being independent contract delivery guys, is always hit or miss around here. Hence, our company never uses them, but in this case, the shipper ignored our request. As to the Saturday attempt - they don't hold a deliverable address, right? So how....., and yes the building (and parking lot) are closed off on Saturday/Sunday. Huge sign at the curb stating so. (the other company, one floor below does bonded work with the USDA and FDA, hence the security)

Attachments:
Fedex.jpg
Fedex.jpg [ 320.3 KiB | Viewed 333 times ]
Fedex1.jpg
Fedex1.jpg [ 139.74 KiB | Viewed 333 times ]

PostPosted: Apr Thu 29, 2021 3:07 am 

funny today I seen a fedex truck pull onto I-94 with back door open, driving very fast to get onto the hwy, tired to catch him going 70+ letting him know his back door was opened. but he was long gone. the boxes were falling in truck and shifting as he got off the hwy in abt 1/2 mile. who knows what happen before or after.

PostPosted: Apr Thu 29, 2021 4:29 pm 

Fedex delivered my radio this morning, I'm glad it wasn't on that truck! :shock:

Museum Curator

PostPosted: Apr Thu 29, 2021 10:48 pm 

atwaterkent1 wrote:
Fedex delivered my radio this morning, I'm glad it wasn't on that truck! :shock:

no additional packing, double box, extra peanuts will help a 50lb box falling 5' to the grd going 70+. I was getting ready to pull over and get me a box. on I-94 I'd prob get ran over j-walking getting a box of diapers. :wink:

PostPosted: May Mon 03, 2021 5:25 pm 

I've got a few media mail packages, some of which have been in the system for over 3 weeks, and still no delivery. I blew a gasket when I checked my email and their useless "informed delivery" crap said something was out for delivery today; but, when I actually ran the tracking number, I got the usual "in transit - arriving late" garbage. I don't care if it is media mail and that this form of service is given the least priority, taking 3-weeks, and counting, to get something delivered is totally unacceptable and I'm sick and tired of them sending me emails that tell me something is here when it's really not. With all that said, they didn't have any problem getting me that piece of worthless junk mail that I couldn't give a rip about. I'm about to the point of going to my local post office and using some language that would get me banned from here.

The other day, I was talking to a friend, who is having the same problem, and he filed a missing package report. When he could not tell them the color, shape, etc. of the package, they dismissed his claim (how in the devil is he supposed to know what color the package is?). All he should need is a tracking number and it sounds to me like their excuse is just another means they can use to get out of doing their job.

Attachments:
Screenshot_2021-05-03 USPS comĀ® - USPS TrackingĀ® Results.png
Screenshot_2021-05-03 USPS comĀ® - USPS TrackingĀ® Results.png [ 251.28 KiB | Viewed 186 times ]

PostPosted: May Mon 03, 2021 8:22 pm 

Still waiting for my Media Mail package, which has tracking and has been in the West Huntsville, AL post office since March 22.

PostPosted: May Tue 04, 2021 2:36 am 

Don Cavey wrote:
Still waiting for my Media Mail package, which has tracking and has been in the West Huntsville, AL post office since March 22.

There's absolutely no excuse for that nonsense, Don. I suspect the "delays" are being done on purpose for reasons unknown, but yet blatantly obvious. Any further comments might be construed as political, so I'll shut my trap :wink:

Dan

PostPosted: May Tue 04, 2021 3:02 am 

recently sold most of my playboy mags off and a few other media mail, & no probs. I suspect aliens have took your package. for why?

p.s. I ordered something last year, small pkg in march I believe, and I never got it through ebay. got a refund from ebay 3 months out, seller say he shipped it :? so who knows. seems like it would have surfaced up a year later if shipped..

PostPosted: May Tue 04, 2021 4:42 pm 

If the aliens were an intelligent life form they would have taken your Playboy's. :mrgreen:

Museum Curator

PostPosted: May Tue 04, 2021 8:11 pm 

SparkyDan wrote:
Don Cavey wrote:

There's absolutely no excuse for that nonsense, Don. I suspect the "delays" are being done on purpose for reasons unknown, but yet blatantly obvious. Any further comments might be construed as political, so I'll shut my trap :wink:

Dan

It was shipped "Media Mail" and I realise that it gets no sense of urgency. Today, I filed a complaint with the USPS. That complaint will probably go into the same bin as the package. I told them the tracking number which means that they can easily check with that post office. I have tried to call that post office and I get the "Please hold on while we connect you to the next available agent" thing. Then, it rings for about three minutes and cuts me off.

We'll see, I have zero confidence that they will do anything. But if they wanted to, they could contact that PO and see what's up.

PostPosted: May Tue 04, 2021 8:50 pm 

Does "Media Mail" require a special 1948 Dodge truck that's only available on every other Tuesday? Absolute nonsense. I can understand special handling of overnight deliveries, but why in the world would you clog up the post office with stagnant packages? Just so your supervisors can claim they're backlogged? And blame it on reduced overtime - - - 8) (I think that's the gist of it, by the way.) It (sort of) defies logic. But then again, logic is obviously not part of the USPS way of doing things. Arghhh. :roll:

Dan

PostPosted: May Tue 04, 2021 10:20 pm 

What is interesting is that every day, I go to the item on my page and eBay keeps pushing the date out when I check.
They say "Delivery time is estimated using our proprietary method which is based on the buyer's proximity to the item location, the shipping service selected, the seller's shipping history, and other factors. Delivery times may vary, especially during peak periods."
What a load of rubbish.

Here is a screen capture from my "Purchase history" page. Notice they are now "Researching" it as indicated by the latest entry. Mind you, I have NEVER had this happen before. Since March 22 when this whole fiasco started, I have gotten several packages with no problem.

Attachments:
USPS.jpg
USPS.jpg [ 109.15 KiB | Viewed 116 times ]

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 174 posts ]  Moderator: Alan Voorhees Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next