Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Nov Tue 12, 2019 4:15 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Nov Sat 27, 2010 7:23 am 

Bill Benson wrote:
NOPE!, Slept till 7:30 AM, went out for coffee came back home.
I will NOT stand in long lines let alone fight all the crouds just to sane a little money.
I did that one year at Staples just to get my wife a christmas gift she wanted, I got to the store one hour before they opened and the line was out the door and around the building.
I got the item I wanted, but to my surprize as I thought they may have been sold out, so I was happy.
But while I was standing in that line and the doors had just opened some salesman came out to tell the croud that the laptop that was on sale was sold, sold out! just as the doors opened?
This just goes to show they NEVER had that laptop in the first place or their employies bought them.
I would have been Pi**ed if I wanted that laptop.

Best-Buy is great for pulling that stunt.

That is actually an illegal advertising practice in some places, it's called bait and switch. If someone phoned from out in the parking lot an hour later they would insist that they still have it, needless to say the dealers in Chinese electronic garbage don't get my business.
Best regards
Arran

Post subject:
PostPosted: Nov Sat 27, 2010 7:30 am 

Nope, didn't do the wee small hours thing either. About mid-afternoon stopped by the local Home Despot to see if they had any of the Rigid vacs that were on sale. (The consensus in an earlier thread was that they work pretty well.) None left, which wasn't too suprising. The greeter said they sold out in about the first four minutes after the doors opened at 5AM. My wife said, "Yeah, probably had a whopping four to sell!"

Just so it wasn't a total loss, went looking for a 30W R-20 flood light with a brass base. No luck there, either. Walked out empty handed. Can sell it to me if you don't have it! :evil:

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Nov Sat 27, 2010 5:23 pm 

I was up @3:00AM and on the road, I do it every year just for sport. Spent $200.00 @ a savings of $300.00. Basically I'm never home. :)

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 23 posts ]  Moderator: Alan Voorhees Go to page Previous  1, 2