Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Mar Sun 29, 2020 1:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Uploading photos to a post
PostPosted: Jun Sun 19, 2011 4:27 pm 

Sounds good, Alan.
Thanks for the fine job you do.
With all the complaints, this is the best on-line forum I know of. :D :D :D

PostPosted: Jun Mon 20, 2011 2:18 am 

Good work, Alan. Early on I had the image size error, but figured it would be fixed before long. Yesterday, I added pics from my computer (usually I put the link to where they are hosted), and it worked great.

Again, good job.

Steve

PostPosted: Jun Mon 20, 2011 5:47 am 

Hi Lloyd. I thought we went thru that on the phone one time :) Anyhow, highlight, select, whatever, then hit that IMG button.

One thing to watch though. Sometimes you can select something and either miss a letter, or highlight a space after the address. The link won't work in that case.

Alan, when you get the link to the Gallery working, is there a way to make sure someone doesn't link a 'too large' image? Usually when a person uploaded a 3000x image, then used the gallery link button it would post the original 3000x image.
I have a feeling though that it will not be allowed anymore, so that's good.

Huge files are ok as (long as someone doesn't link to them) in the case of a dial or label scan. They can just post the link to the large image and then hotlink to the resized image for their post.

PostPosted: Jun Mon 20, 2011 6:31 am 

Gary, I believe the limit of a gallery post here on the forum is now 800 wide. That should eliminate most all scrolling for the majority of users.

-.-. --- .-.. -.. / ---.. ----- --...

PostPosted: Jun Mon 20, 2011 6:36 am 

GrayLox wrote:
Gary, I believe the limit of a gallery post here on the forum is now 800 wide. That should eliminate most all scrolling for the majority of users.

Yes, that's what I thought, so it's good. It was always a PITA to see anything without scrolling I finally gave up on trying to get the poster to link grom the gallery of the resized image. That dropdown box in the gallery does give them a choice.
Take care,

PostPosted: Jun Mon 20, 2011 6:55 am 

Hey Gary,

You & I talked about highlighting the addy out from a file, copy & pasting it into the post. Then adding a img tag to each end of the pasted addy.

Before, clicking the img button, never popped TWO tags up before at the same time. Only one. So you had to click img button, up poped [img] then you pasted address, then you had to click img button again to the end of the addy in order to get the picture posted.

Alan now has stated: "select" = highlighting the pasted addy IN the post,THEN click img button, to add the set(2) of image tags,which will automatically put the TWO tags ,one on each side of the pasted & "highlighted" address, which IS The ONLY way it will work now. :wink:

Clicking img button now pops up TWO img tags at the same time for me.[img][img] with the curser blinking in between them. When I go to paste the addy, expecting it to paste in between the img tags where the curser is blinking, it paste the addy after the 2nd tag EVERY TIME I tried it. :( And believe me I tried it more times than I have fingers. :lol:

Lloyd

PostPosted: Jun Mon 20, 2011 8:50 pm 

This seems to work for me.

I copied the location of my Photobucket picture, clicked on the Img tag, and pasted. The Html went right where the blinking cursor was, between the two Img tags.

Of course I could have eliminated a step by copying the Img code from Photobucket and ignoring the Img button on the forum.

PostPosted: Jun Tue 21, 2011 6:48 am 

CrumblingWires wrote:
Clicking img button now pops up TWO img tags at the same time for meLloyd

Hi Lloyd,
That's odd. It used to add tags to a highlighted link as it does now. Or if you hit the img button it used to only put the first [img] tag. Clicking again would place the colosing IMG tag.

With the blinking cursor between the tags now, (if you hit the button) I can paste the URL there. More than one way to get a photo up huh? :)

Anyhow, hope you are doing well, take care.

Last edited by gary rabbitt on Jun Sat 25, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Jun Tue 21, 2011 1:43 pm 

gary rabbitt wrote:
With the blinking cursor between the tags now, (if you hit the button) I can paste the URL there.

Yes, but you need to first click on the cursor between the IMG tags before pasting the URL if using Internet Explorer. Otherwise, the URL is added after the tags. This seems like normal procedure as with any copy/paste operation. You first click on the spot where you want to paste. Yes it is different from the previous forum version where you had to click the Img button both before and after pasting (if you don't want to use the select/highlight method).

Dave

PostPosted: Jun Tue 21, 2011 2:31 pm 

Alan, I find that adding attachments much easier than using the old image gallery or an outside host. I appreciate the change.

Rod

PostPosted: Jun Tue 21, 2011 7:29 pm 

How is it done ?

I copy the photobucket direct image link,
hit the IMG on the ARF bar, and right mouse paste.....

the photobucket link appears after the img set... === no pic

PostPosted: Jun Tue 21, 2011 9:36 pm 

adamc wrote:
How is it done ?

Like we've been saying, there are several ways to do it if you don't want to use the new attachment method.

1. After pasting the direct image link, you can select and highlight the link then click on the Img button.

2. You can click on the Img button first, click on the flashing cursor located between the two Img tags, then paste the direct image link.

3. You can manually type [img ], paste the direct image link, then manually type [/img]

But with Photobucket (and many other image hosting services) you can use the service's "forum" option which, with a single click, copies the image link with the Img tags already attached. All you have to do is paste into the forum message box.

The forum's new "attachment" method eliminates the need to use web photo hosting such as Photobucket or the ARF Gallery. Many people find this a real convenience.

Dave

PostPosted: Jun Tue 21, 2011 9:54 pm 
Site Admin

Quote: "...the photobucket link appears after the img set...'

This doesn't happen to me, but if it does happen to you, then just delete the closing tag where it is and type it in after your link.

[img][/img]My link ended up here

make it

[img]My link ended up here[/img]

You can change anything in the text input box any way you want.

PostPosted: Jun Wed 22, 2011 5:01 am 

Hi,
In the case of posting a photo for example of a rare model, I'd think a person would want to post that image in the gallery under the brand name.
That way it would be there for those who are looking for a particular image or just browing the brand.

If a person posts that "rare image" directly from the hard drive, I don't think there is a place where all uploaded images reside.

As the search function is not working right now correctly, that image may be hard to find among the posts, compared to the Gallery.

PostPosted: Jun Sat 25, 2011 10:36 am 

test.

Attachments:
PHILIPS  1203.jpg
PHILIPS 1203.jpg [ 27.7 KiB | Viewed 10806 times ]
RR_brassbottom2.png
RR_brassbottom2.png [ 205.55 KiB | Viewed 10806 times ]

PostPosted: Jun Sat 25, 2011 12:58 pm 

Another test.

Attachments:
IMG_2392.JPG
IMG_2392.JPG [ 47.16 KiB | Viewed 10799 times ]
File comment: test comment
IMG_2398.JPG
IMG_2398.JPG [ 43.79 KiB | Viewed 10799 times ]

PostPosted: Jun Sat 25, 2011 10:21 pm 

adamc wrote:
How is it done ?

When you right click you are moving the cursor from between the tags to after the tags. Instead of right clicking and then selecting paste, use the paste shortcut - CTRL V (hold the Control key and press the "v" key).

"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries." A. A. Milne

PostPosted: Jun Sat 25, 2011 11:59 pm 

Tim wrote:
adamc wrote:
How is it done ?

When you right click you are moving the cursor from between the tags to after the tags. Instead of right clicking and then selecting paste, use the paste shortcut - CTRL V (hold the Control key and press the "v" key).

Or left-click on the flashing cursor then right-click and choose paste.

Because there are so many ways to kill this cat, people not familiar with the basic functions of their computers may very well get confused by the procedures we post. It's different depending on which browser you use and whether you use a PC or Apple.

Dave

PostPosted: Jun Tue 28, 2011 1:28 pm 

Simple, easy, Windows-compliant, multiple options, works perfectly!

Thanks for your patience, Alan. I know the gang can be a handful at times. :roll:

And my avatar is back! :D

Clay

PostPosted: Jun Wed 29, 2011 1:58 am 

Don Cavey wrote:
Let me post a picture of my Corvair.

It still works as it did before. I use the "[img]...[/img]" tag and type it manually. Works every time (as long as I don't Fat Finger it :mrgreen: )

If you use the "Quote" function, you can see exactly what was in the thread that posted the picture.
'

Kind of off-topic, but a friend of mine is a big Corvair fan. I put this video together for him and any other Corvair fans. Let me see if the URL link function works:

Tough Little Buggy

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 284 posts ]  Moderator: Alan Voorhees Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next