Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Mar Sun 29, 2020 12:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 Post subject: Re: Uploading photos to a post
PostPosted: Jul Mon 22, 2019 1:16 pm 

GSD wrote:
I need to "RESIZE" my images and wonder what site, method works best.
Have you tried the on-line service https://picresize.com/ mentioned previously? I haven't because I've used the free photo-editing software called Irfanview for many years and found it ideal for anything I need to do with photos.

https://www.irfanview.com/

Dave

PostPosted: Jul Mon 22, 2019 6:50 pm 

Thanks Dave. I am trying to use pic resize at present BUT there is a BLUE RECTANGULAR "DOWNLOAD" button that appears in the page that is from a different site. I am skeptical of these things because they often suck you into their universe for nefarious purposes. I resized my 3 images, used the site's upload feature and ended up with only one image under "recents" on my Mac that was too large anyway. Yikes.

PostPosted: Jul Tue 23, 2019 2:50 am 

Just for fun, I tried picresuze.com using the "Edit Picture" mode and it worked fine. I didn't see a blue download button but I agree that there are sometimes ads on these on-line utilities that can trick you into going to an unwanted site. They sometimes use a big DOWNLOAD button to trick you.

I used the Browse feature (Ctrl+V) instead of Drag and Drop because I prefer to do it that way. Then I clicked on the blue, rectangular "Continue..." button. Then I chose size that gave me the estimated pixel count. I clicked on the blue, rectangular "I'm Done..." button at the bottom of the screen. Then I chose "Save to Disk", then chose "Save As" (button at bottom of screen), and it allowed me re-name the smaller picture and save it. I renamed it because I didn't want it to overwrite my original picture. I found it easy to use and a nice on-line utility if you don't want a resident photo editor on your computer.

I tried "Batch Resize" mode and it was very quick and easy but it saves the result to your computer as a .zip file which you have to extract. That's no problem with Windows, but I'm not familiar with Mac.

Dave

PostPosted: Jul Tue 23, 2019 3:46 am 
Site Admin

picresize.com renames files by default by appending rsz_ to the beginning of the file name. It won't overwrite you original file.

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 284 posts ]  Moderator: Alan Voorhees Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15