Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Mar Tue 02, 2021 9:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Santa's Marching Band
PostPosted: Dec Fri 08, 2017 5:24 pm 

philcolynn wrote:
Hi Would or can someone post a picture of this Santa's marching band thing so I can see what you all are talking about..Please I am very interested!! Thanks in advance!!.....
Linda, the first post has a video link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvkYQEwBJGI

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Dec Sun 01, 2019 1:38 am 

Just created an account just to ask. I've scoured the internet and only found this forum as a reference. I had a Mr. Christmas Marching Band (8 piece) growing up and found one at a thrift store. It works great save for that the Santa piece barely rotates. I'd like to take apart and clean; however, I cannot seem to take it apart (don't want to break it). Does anyone have a video or brief explanation on how to dissemble a piece so that cleaning or WD-40 can be applied? Santa twitches but doesn't rotate enough to strike bell.

I will reach out to Mr. Christman (company) next business day, but I figured that I would find more support from the do-it-yourself @ home people.

Thank you!

-Joey

PostPosted: Dec Fri 06, 2019 5:01 am 

Could someone loosen there bells on each character and tell me which bell goes to which character? I have the 1990’s version of Santa’s marching band and removed the bells to clean the tarnish off. I completely forgot that these are tuned to specific tones. On top of each bell is “T-#” where the # is either 1-16. Starting from Santa to the left, could someone tell me which “T-#” goes to each character?

PostPosted: Dec Mon 09, 2019 1:49 am 

JZ124, I will do so this week for ya...but it will in a few days...can't get to it until at least Wednesday after work.

PostPosted: Dec Tue 10, 2019 2:09 am 

Denyuar, you just made Christmas for me! This was a childhood ornament that was passed down to me and I’m ecstatic to get these up and running again!

PostPosted: Nov Wed 18, 2020 6:06 am 

I saw that someone posted asking about how to get these characters open, but I didn’t see a reply. Can someone please help! My Santa isn’t rotating and I really want to try to fix it.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Nov Thu 19, 2020 3:55 am 

Here ya go.
RW

Attachments:
santa.jpg
santa.jpg [ 497.43 KiB | Viewed 319 times ]

PostPosted: Nov Thu 19, 2020 3:58 am 

We bought one years ago from the Home Shopping Network. I forget what we paid, but about a week later, we found it at Target for $20 less, so we returned it. Only trouble we had was one of the wires from the control box to the "musicians" broke at the box. I just opened it up and soldered it together. 6 years ago, we donated it to my daughter's family (mainly because her husband hated it).
RW

PostPosted: Dec Wed 09, 2020 12:59 pm 

I have worked on three of these recently and they were all slightly different. On one set I had to remove the three rubber feet to remove the three screws underneath. On the other two, the two screws that you need to remove are visible but recessed. In each case I had to remove the gold braid that 'zig zags' round the drum as this connects from the base to the top and prevents the base coming off. This is glued at the ends and is difficult to remove without breaking so I just bought a roll of similar thread and replaced the braid. There is one large screw that holds the figure onto the base which can also be removed. One unit had some grease which had dried and become really sticky and prevented the figures from moving freely. I removed all of this and sprayed some silicon grease onto the pivot and the gear wheels and they all moved really freely. I also dripped a very small amount of thin oil into each end of the motor. Be careful with the wires that go to the LED in the hat as this is thin and easily broken.

The problem that I have is that the figures don't play the tunes properly, it skips some of the notes. The unit has an external power supply which has been replaced with a different unit so I am not sure if it is a power supply issue or whether the main chip has got corrupted. The board appears to require -6v-0-+6v and the PSU is 0-12v.

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 29 posts ]  Moderator: Alan Voorhees Go to page Previous  1, 2