Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jul Sat 04, 2020 12:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Ingenius ideas that will make me rich
PostPosted: Jul Sat 07, 2018 3:01 am 

My wife is away for a few days meaning Ive had more time to think about solving annoying problems in everyday life. So below are some ideas that are surely meant to be made but nobody thought of yet:

A: Household foodstuffs monthly utility plan.

Its pretty annoying to have to go to the grocery store to buy tons of little bottles of mustard, jelly, BBQ sauce and whatever and its of course always running out.

Solution? You'd order a new, very long sink and on top would be a very long series of spigots. Each would have BBQ sauce, hot sauce, mayonnaise, mustard, peanut butter... all of that kind of stuff. You would pick from a "plan", as in how many spigots do you want- limited say to like 20. Once a month the food truck shows up and the truck fills up all the supplies via a connection at the street. They could even have sensors that detect when something is out so the truck will come and fill it up. Wanna ham sandwich? just stick the bread under the mustard and then mayonnaise spigot and there you go. No knives, jars or farting plastic squeeze bottles.

B: We have 4 cats and two of them are getting pretty fat. Needless to say they sure poo a lot. Its annoying to have to scoop out 50 pounds of cat poo every week. But it got me to thinking: Cow manure is burned as fuel and to make electricity in some developing countries. Clearly cat manure would also be flammable and have energy value. Why not instead of a bunch of plastic litter boxes there's a single metal one. The cats go in, the poo and after maybe 2-3 days the thing locks itself ( making sure no cats are inside ) and burns it up. There would be a little exhaust pipe that you stick out the window. It could even have a app connected to your phone showing how much energy you just made. Maybe others who buy them can compare theirs to yours and how many houses in America you potentially just powered.

Anyway, Better write some patents: Once I become a billionaire I'm buying everyone here Zenith Stratospheres.

Post subject: Re: Ingenius ideas that will make me rich
PostPosted: Jul Sat 07, 2018 3:29 am 

I sometimes wish for bulk delivery of sand and salt in the winter. I tolerate (usually) blowing and shoveling snow. But I just *hate* hauling sand and salt home from the hardware store. I also wish for instant delivery of always fresh round fruits such as apples, oranges and tomatos. Get tired of the cycle from fresh to not so fresh to rotten. I'd like to pull on a tube from the celing and out rolls a fresh apple perfectly chilled. Turn a switch and out comes an orange instead.

PostPosted: Jul Sat 07, 2018 3:35 am 

Bob Bob, please come back inside out of the heat.. Your getting delirious.

jason

PostPosted: Jul Sat 07, 2018 4:04 am 

I may try to develop an automatic picture straightener for those wall pictures that always seem to be crooked regardless of how many times you straighten them. I would dedicate the design to Rube Goldberg who was born on July 4, 1883.

Then there's the container vacuum. You know, for those things like ketchup and mustard bottles that those of us who can't afford Bob's condiment spigots use. You can never seem to get all of the product out of the container even though you paid for it all. The container vacuum would solve that problem.

John

PostPosted: Jul Sat 07, 2018 8:55 am 

I can see how Bob is going to be rich, real soon. Maybe legalizing pot in CA was a big mistake.

PostPosted: Jul Sat 07, 2018 2:29 pm 

I can see how some people seem to have a lack of a sense of humor and might actually benefit if it were legalized in their area.

PostPosted: Jul Sat 07, 2018 2:43 pm 

There is a second solution to the cat poo. Add a dog to the family. If the dog is anything like ours he will eat the cat poo then you let him outside to do his business. Unfortunately this doesn't take care of the cat pee.

PostPosted: Jul Sat 07, 2018 5:00 pm 

Gross! :shock:

PostPosted: Jul Sat 07, 2018 5:26 pm 

They already have an automatic poop scooper on the market. Cat poops in a bowl. An electric rake spins thru the litter and the poop rolls out, breaded and ready for processing. Check it out.

Dispensers are cool, but why not just have attachments for the various sizes of jars? That way the wives can still enjoy shopping for deals, gets them out of the house.

Anything delivered is going to cost you more. You could have a ready-made sandwich delivered to your door and skip the mess.

PostPosted: Jul Sun 08, 2018 3:48 am 

invent a C clip, E clip, kotter key, "suicide clip" finding device.

invent a "that fell off my workbench and disappeared into oblivion" finding device.

,steve

PostPosted: Jul Sun 08, 2018 4:58 am 

I need an automatic mirror reflection checker.

I am tired of having to go around the house personally standing in front of every damned mirror just to be sure it still reflects. ( how do blind people deal with this chore? Do they hire people?)

I hate doing it. It's so boring and wastes my time but it does cause me to exercise my lazy bones and at least I am reassured of never running out of image reflection when I need it.

PostPosted: Jul Sun 08, 2018 5:06 am 

Afraid of becoming a Vampire?

jason

PostPosted: Jul Sun 08, 2018 12:02 pm 

Colored salt......so you can see how @&$)(;&$)”@& much you are putting on your eggs

PostPosted: Jul Sun 08, 2018 1:12 pm 
Site Admin

Buy Kosher salt. It's coarse grain and you can easily judge amount by taking a pinch between your fingers. You'll also end up using less salt because it doesn't dissolve into a slurry on wet foods (like steak) and because the larger grains taste saltier than regular tabke salt.

PostPosted: Jul Sun 08, 2018 1:32 pm 

Barry H Bennett wrote:
Colored salt......so you can see how @&$)(;&$)”@& much you are putting on your eggs

I have a Himalayan black salt grinder, and it is surprising how much you end up with on your food.

PostPosted: Jul Sun 08, 2018 2:05 pm 

Around here the road salt is dyed blue or green so they can see where it's been
applied. So the technology actually does exist!

PostPosted: Jul Sun 08, 2018 3:04 pm 

What about cars that blow the waste heat on the road from underneath in the winter? It would help to melt the snow and ice especially during rush hour.

PostPosted: Jul Sun 08, 2018 10:31 pm 

At rush hour there are long lines of cars heading to the city filled with people who work in the city. But there are also almost just as many cars heading out of the city with folks whose jobs are out in the suburbs.

So why don't all these people just stop their cars and get out and talk to each other about exchanging jobs or houses?

Either that idea... or instead make a law that every company can only hire people who live in the area. And if you want to work there you have to move to that area within 1 year.

PostPosted: Jul Mon 09, 2018 1:16 am 

Pbpix wrote:
instead make a law that every company can only hire people who live in the area. And if you want to work there you have to move to that area within 1 year.

Another law, brilliant......not :roll:

PostPosted: Jul Mon 09, 2018 1:43 am 

Scott wrote:
Pbpix wrote:
instead make a law that every company can only hire people who live in the area. And if you want to work there you have to move to that area within 1 year.

Another law, brilliant......not :roll:

It would help energy... right ? :mrgreen:

When I spent time in rural Germany near a small village... everyone there that worked in Frankfort took the train... and in the village they had a tram that went through the village every 1/2 hour picking up people for the train that left every hour in the morning.
Same thing in the evening in reverse.
No one needed to have cars to get to work.

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 29 posts ]  Moderator: Alan Voorhees Go to page 1, 2  Next