Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Tue 22, 2019 6:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Is Sea Rise Wrecking Coastal Home Values?: "Maybe"
PostPosted: May Thu 16, 2019 1:55 am 

It sure hasn't slowed anything down here in Florida---even immediately after hurricanes, oceanfront prices remain high

PostPosted: May Thu 16, 2019 2:46 am 

Funny question about sea level rising: I honestly don't know.

If you have a 16 oz. beaker with 12 oz. of water in it, then add 3 lumps of ice equal to 2 oz. frozen water each, you have 16 oz water in a very full vessel. Now if that ice melts the beaker will not overflow. What makes the oceans different?

PostPosted: May Thu 16, 2019 3:17 am 

I would like some of the geniuses here on ARF (or across the planet) to describe just how the polar ice caps melted.

Not now, but 12,000 years ago, when geologists claim that all the ice melted and (in some areas) the oceans were 21 feet higher than they are now.

I want to hear just how all those nasty cave men were racing around in their Maseratis and Corvettes then had lots of Bar-B-Ques burning up fossil fuels like there was no tomorrow. Tell us how cave women kept turning up the thermostats to 85 without a care in the world. Fill us in on how much oil they burned. Or maybe how they leveled mountains to get at coal.

Well? Any answers?

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 23 posts ]  Moderator: Alan Voorhees Go to page Previous  1, 2