Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Sep Thu 24, 2020 8:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: I probably pissed off the neighbors last night...
PostPosted: Jul Fri 31, 2020 8:59 pm 

Most recently I have decided to start engaging with my very small "social bubble" as they call them. So my brother came over and we hung out in the back yard. I have a set of outdoor speakers hooked up to a small tube amp inside. I run a wireless bluetooth to it from my phone. So we were listening to music. He went home and I went in, watched TV and went to bed. At 2:00AM I suddenly I hear in a very fractured chinese-english accent: " Bluetooth battery low power... Please charge!!" Pretty much launched me out of bed. I had left the amp on and the bluetooth thingy had run out of juice. I know the neighbors probably heard it. Hopefully didn't scare the crap out of em'

Post subject: Re: I probably pissed off the neighbors last night...
PostPosted: Jul Fri 31, 2020 9:26 pm 

Now that's funny :lol: :P

PostPosted: Aug Sat 01, 2020 12:15 am 

HAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: Funniest story I have heard all day.
Not a fan of the talking thingy-ma-jigs. :roll:

I have done something like that too. I was testing out my 3.5mm to RCA jack adapter on my Record Player. I was using my cellphone to play the music. The music I listen to is Low Volume, so I have to turn it up REALLY high. Well, I forgot to turn it off, and it was an ungodly time at night, when the Handy gave the LOUDEST ping-a-ring-ding. It turns out that that I had forgot to turn off notifications, and I got an Email. That woke everyone in the house up. Oops.

PostPosted: Aug Sat 01, 2020 1:36 am 

LOL, that made me laugh! :lol:
Not only did you leave your bluetooth on you left your tube amp on... must have been that liquid dinner you had...

PostPosted: Aug Sat 01, 2020 5:17 pm 

We have a stereo in the basement where we workout to Peloton. When we sit our at the fire pit, I switch the speakers to outside which are under the deck and use Bluetooth on the iPad for music.

One day I was on the bike and with the downstairs slider door open for fresh air. I turned the volume up to hear the instructor. Since the inside speakers are on either side of the door, I paid no attention to what speakers were on. Well my wife went out for a walk, and when she came back, she told me there must be someone else in the neighborhood with a Peloton working out. I could hear it a ways away from the house she said. :shock:

My neighbor thought I was getting yelled at :lol:

People may not remember how fast you did a job, but they will remember how well you did it.

PostPosted: Aug Sat 01, 2020 9:46 pm 

Man these are some pretty hilarious stories. It also brought up to mind another time a few years ago when I'd had a party. And we tend to have lots of people in the garage because we can put lots of chairs and stuff in there. So I backed out my 1955 Mercury, put it in the driveway.

Party ends at around 10:00 and we go to bed. then I woke up in the middle of the night realizing that it's going to rain tomorrow so I wanted to move to Mercury back in the garage. Usually it starts immediately on the first try. But for whatever reason this time it took two times. And then it backfired. Just a massive double barrel gauge shotgun type of noise ricocheting down the street. It's a very quiet neighborhood so I was concerned someone was going to call the cops because it sounded like someone shooting a gun.